Reports... Where do they go??

JacquiiDesigns

I've reported a few threads (2 just a moment ago) and I wonder... Where do reported posts here at xenforo.com go? I've never had one of the moderators here respond to any report I've made. Is there a way to view a list of my reported threads/posts here at xenforo.com as an enduser?

If no ==> Consider this a recommendation thread. Perhaps all users reports could be listed in a nice, tidy way like conversations. This way - moderators are able to reply to reports and users will feel like their reports have been answered/sorted and not ignored.

This is the way one of my old favorite platforms (vB 3.8) does it and such functionality would be nice for xenforo as well.

Thanks,

J.

Unless I misunderstood what you meant, the reported posts/threads will show up on the moderator bar/panel. members do not have access to it. Or did you mean something else?

Unless I misunderstood what you meant, the reported posts/threads will show up on the moderator bar/panel. members do not have access to it. Or did you mean something else?
http://yoursite.com/reports/

There should be a reported items link at the top of your page near the moderation queue. :)

IMO, they are listed nicely, and are easy to handle. :)

Sorry guys...
I mean Where do reported posts here at xenforo.com go? I've never had one of the moderators here respond to any report I've made. Is there a way to view a list of my reported threads/posts here at xenforo.com as an enduser?

And yes - I mean why shouldn't members have access to their own reported posts?! This way the moderator/admin who handles the reported post can interact with the member who reported. Otherwise - said member will feel like, "I wonder what the hell happened to that post I reported..." You know what I mean?

I've edited my op for clarity.

J.

Sorry guys...
I mean Where do reported posts here at xenforo.com go? I've never had one of the moderators here respond to any report I've made. Is there a way to view a list of my reported threads/posts here at xenforo.com as an enduser?

They go to the same place they would on your site.

We get so many in a day we normally handle the report and close it without any comments unless we need to get involved.

Thanks Slavik - I wasn't aware that there's a list for the enduser to view. Hmmm... I've just tried http://xenforo.com/community/reports/ and receive a permissions error... It would be nice if members could see the list. And a simple, "Thanks. Handled." could be a nice courtesy on the moderator/admin side of things. Just a suggestion mind you LOL

Can you tell me if the link above is correct? Or are the permissions only set for XF staff personnel to view?

Thanks ;)

J.

Thanks Slavik - I wasn't aware that there's a list for the enduser to view. Hmmm... I've just tried http://xenforo.com/community/reports/ and receive a permissions error... It would be nice if members could see the list. And a simple, "Thanks. Handled." could be a nice courtesy on the moderator/admin side of things. Just a suggestion mind you LOL

Can you tell me if the link above is correct? Or are the permissions only set for XF staff personnel to view?

Thanks ;)

J.

Thats the right URL, but as you already mentioned, it is restricted to mods/staff only.

Thats the right URL, but as you already mentioned, it is restricted to mods/staff only.
Ah okay. Well thanks for answering. Please consider this thread a suggestion to open those permissions up so that members can have a comprehensive list of their reports. Also - the courtesy "Thanks" will be sweet as well... I'm keeping an open mind - so perhaps we can revisit this thread after XF wins the courtcase :D and more moderators (perhaps) are added to the XF Mod Team...

This way - ya'll won't be so overwhelmed with responding to reports and community members will feel as if their reports are not going ignored ==> Win win.

Kewl site btw...

J.

Should be a simple addon to give user access to their own Reports.
Plus when the mod actions it they select
THREAD DELETED/
POST DELETED/
THREAD CLOSED/
POST EDITED/
USER WARNED/
NO ACTION.
Then the user list shows this selection + name of mod.
Maybe ability for user to Like the action but nothing further.

Should be a simple addon to give user access to their own Reports.
Plus when the mod actions it they select THREAD CLOSED/ POST DELETED/ USER WARNED.
Then the user list shows this selection + name of mod.
Maybe ability for user to Like the action but nothing further.
Nice suggestion!

Sorry guys...

And yes - I mean why shouldn't members have access to their own reported posts?! This way the moderator/admin who handles the reported post can interact with the member who reported. Otherwise - said member will feel like, "I wonder what the hell happened to that post I reported..." You know what I mean?

I've edited my op for clarity.

J.

I answered your question in my above post. ;)

But yeah, as Slavik says, it is restricted to moderators and admins.

I like your suggestion of opening up the reports so users can see the ones they've made, and the status of them.

Top Bottom