Implemented Reports should be able to see the status of their report

Shamil

I think it'd be useful if the user who has reported a post can see what's happened to the status of the report: i.e., closed or acted upon.

It can clear confusion between staff and user on that particular report.

What do you think?

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I disagree. The staff should be able to handle the issue in private. The user who reported it doesn't need to see the resulting action. If the staff needs to clarify something they can PM the user.

I disagree. The staff should be able to handle the issue in private. The user who reported it doesn't need to see the resulting action. If the staff needs to clarify something they can PM the user.
Reports are private, and the person reporting might not share the view of the site owner. It's not worth discussing with them. The report purpose is to have visitor to bring something to team's attention, who can then consider taking action. Involving the reportee in the matter leads to more than needed.

The moment it is reported it's in the hands of the moderator-team. No member must be notified and know of what happens after that. If the reported post will be deleted they'll know soon enough, if the member who posted the reported post receives a sanction then that is private matter.

I'm with everyone else.

If staff need to clarify anything they can PM the user who reported it. They don't need to know anything about what happens behind the scenes.

I also agree that members shouldn't know. If you discard their report as irrelevant or not justified, and they find out, they often turn into whiners are feel the mod/admin team is not responsive. It just sours things.

Top Bottom