1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reporting error message here

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by DragonFlames, Aug 22, 2014.

1. DragonFlames

DragonFlames Active Member

Hi,

I came to xenforo.com via a Google search today and got a security error message talking of a bad certificate when then viewing this site. I thought I should mention this and show you what I saw:

altertxen.GIF

It said there was a problem with the certificate in the error message. It is not your info though and as you can see in the background I was viewing this site and a thread about RSS when the security alert came up, and I then clicked that for more info as shown.

The link from Google said it was to: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/disable-rss-feed.28991/

I'm not looking for help or info I just wanted to report it in case it helps in any way.

Steve

PS: I was using Internet Explorer 11

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't have any issues on that page with IE 11 myself (or any other browser). I would have to guess it's from the Gravatar avatar on that page - it may be a mistake with their Akamai configuration in some cases or it might just be something you caught at the wrong moment.

3. DragonFlames

DragonFlames Active Member

Great. Thanks.

I just wanted to tell you of the revoked certificate security notice in case it was a sign of someone up to no good in some way. As you said it was OK I just looked at the page again and it worked totally normally for me too.

Steve