Not a bug 2.2.15: Strange PHP-error message

wolfgangm

Affected version
After upgrade I notice this error message. It is in German language, but tells my PHP 8.1.1 is too old?

[COLOR=hsl(var(--xf-editorFocusColor))]PHP_error.webp[/COLOR]

Wolfgang

The phrase will now be outdated as we have updated the wording in today’s release.

But essentially, no, 8.1 is not “too old” but it is older than the recommended version which is now 8.2.

The phrase will now be outdated as we have updated the wording in today’s release.

But essentially, no, 8.1 is not “too old” but it is older than the recommended version which is now 8.2.
As I mentioned in another previous post, 8.0.30 continues to work without problems with the new version XF2.2.15.
I recently tried to update to 8.1, 8.2 and even 8.3 on a testing forum and too many problems appeared and due to lack of time I decided to continue with what still works without problems, which is 8.0.30

There are no known "issues" with PHP 8.1 or 8.2.

These will be issues in your hosting environment and not related to XF itself.
I use dedicated servers managed by me directly,
The versions are installed manually and I can assure you that the errors are from xenforo, could my personal configurations have something to do with it? I don't doubt it, but that's why I prefer to wait a little until everything is more confirmed.

I currently use 8.2 and 8.3 on other servers with other platforms and have had no problems of any kind. I tried xenforo on them and to fix them I have to edit and update too many php files to fix them and I barely have time to do it, so I'll wait a little longer.

Thanks for your work ;)

I'd been using PHP 8.2 for a while even before it was officially supported with 2.2.14/15 without issues as I updated all our addons for it, so not sure what errors you'd have been getting. 8.1 especially I've been using daily for at least a year and a half so if you had issues with that it's definitely something your end.

I use dedicated servers managed by me directly,
The versions are installed manually and I can assure you that the errors are from xenforo, could my personal configurations have something to do with it? I don't doubt it, but that's why I prefer to wait a little until everything is more confirmed.

I currently use 8.2 and 8.3 on other servers with other platforms and have had no problems of any kind. I tried xenforo on them and to fix them I have to edit and update too many php files to fix them and I barely have time to do it, so I'll wait a little longer.

Thanks for your work ;)
Well without any further information, we'd be unable to provide any insight.

All I can tell you is that, as also demonstrated above, people are running PHP 8.1 and 8.2 without issue. More so PHP 8.1 as that has been around longer.

Of course, that's why I say, they are probably caused by my own configurations that I usually run on all the servers, this weekend I will take some time and try to migrate the server where I have xenforo to 8.2.15 at least. The current stable today is 8.3.2.

Thanks and regards

Well without any further information, we'd be unable to provide any insight.

All I can tell you is that, as also demonstrated above, people are running PHP 8.1 and 8.2 without issue. More so PHP 8.1 as that has been around longer.
Yes... Since there were so many erros, I did some searches to see if there were more users and fixed some, but then I saw that there were too many and they were going to take more time than I had available. This weekend I will update it again and look at the errors. I will report them and if I solve them I will attach all the information for it.

Greetings

Yesterday I was able to update the server with xenforo to 8.2.15.

Confirmed, all the errors and problems I had in xenforo were caused by my private PHP configuration, menchaded and its mencache extension.

I have not use default PHP configuration because I need it to work under some unusual requirements necessary for the private modules that I have created to work and these modules in turn also needed to be updated for their correct functioning with versions higher than 8.1.

Nothing... What I said, more than anything due to lack of time and not stopping to look at everything in more depth. :p

I confirm that it works excellent with 8.2.15 and that my configuration is not very common, that's where the problems came from.

Thanks and regards

It's strange that when I look through the topic, I see a barely visible font

View attachment 297577

I guess it will only be in the normal style, in the dark style it looks perfect

dEGv1JJ.png

It will chuck a huge wobbly as boxes aren't ticked that are meant to be ticked.
Found that out yesterday.
Everyone got server errors.
So i checked the server log.
It was telling me to tick the gmp box in my hosts php level extensions.
So i did that.
So far so good.

Top Bottom