XF 1.2 Reporting Conversations doesn't work

Nudaii

I have a very odd glitch on one of my clients forums.

Reporting Posts/Threads works fine and creates a thread in the reports forum.

Reporting Conversation go nowhere, literally they go off into cyberspace.

I cloned the site to a dev server and uninstalled every addon/style and still the issue persists.

Yet its not server related, as if i copy another forum to the dev server, its reports work as intended etc.

has this issue been encountered before? and is there a fix known?

Try running a file health check to see if any files have been manually changed. (Preventing Conversation reports from being saved to the database, although it seems unlikely)

It's in the AdminCP under Tools->Diagnostics->File Health Check

"All 1,097 checked files are present and correct." is result of that.
Worth a shot... this seems pretty odd...

What is the output of this query on the database? I was able to reproduce this problem by removing the 'conversation_message' type, maybe it's been changed in that install of XenForo?

Code:
SELECT * FROM `xf_content_type`

Worth a shot... this seems pretty odd...

What is the output of this query on the database? I was able to reproduce this problem by removing the 'conversation_message' type, maybe it's been changed in that install of XenForo?

Code:
SELECT * FROM `xf_content_type`

Attachments

• result.webp
    result.webp
    59.7 KB · Views: 6
Unless phpMyAdmin cutoff some results there, it looks like you're missing two types which would prevent the reports from showing. I'm not too sure how to add them back in so give me a few minutes while I work it out :p.

These entries should be there.
Screen Shot.webp

Also did you disable or uninstall every add-on?

Last edited:
Unless phpMyAdmin cutoff some results there, it looks like your missing two types which would prevent the reports from showing. I'm not too sure how to add them back in so give me a few minutes while I work it out :p.

These entries should be there.
View attachment 64360

Also did you disable or uninstall every add-on?
uninstalled, however the above screenshot from a fresh "snapshot" of live cloned to dev (all addons back)

Ok! Here's what you'll need to do.

Run these queries on the database:
Code:
INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type
    (content_type, addon_id, fields)
VALUES
    ('conversation', 'XenForo', '');

INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type_field
    (content_type, field_name, field_value)
VALUES
    ('conversation', 'alert_handler_class', 'XenForo_AlertHandler_Conversation'),
    ('conversation', 'spam_handler_class', 'XenForo_SpamHandler_Conversation'),
    ('conversation', 'stats_handler_class', 'XenForo_StatsHandler_Conversation');

Code:
INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type
    (content_type, addon_id, fields)
VALUES
    ('conversation_message', 'XenForo', '');

INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type_field
    (content_type, field_name, field_value)
VALUES
    ('conversation_message', 'attachment_handler_class', 'XenForo_AttachmentHandler_ConversationMessage'),
    ('conversation_message', 'report_handler_class', 'XenForo_ReportHandler_ConversationMessage');
You'll then need to disable then re-enable any add-on (doesn't matter which one) to rebuild the content type caches. Hopefully this should fix your problem!

It doesn't however fix why it happened in the first place... so it may occur again.

thats my guess too, i have backups from 60 days, seems convo reports stopped working on dec 15th day we upgraded to 1.2x

i will have a look which addon caused it.

Top Bottom