Report Improvements by Xon

Report Improvements by Xon 1.11.0

No permission to download
Hey there @Xon

So, I'm using this addon on a decent-sized forum and it works great. One thing though is that the alerts it sends drives a couple of our moderators a little mad. We get a lot of reports each day and the it can easily get spammy. I've been unable to find an option to disable these alerts. Is there a way to do this or would you be able to add a setting that would allow alerts to be disabled altogether?

Thanks!
The next version will have the ability to opt-out of report comment alerts; for Likes, Tags and new report comments. I need to break up the new report comment alert into a bunch of smaller alert types at some stage.

Xon updated Report Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

Feature update release

This version introduces breaking changes to moderation permissions. Please review usergroup permissions carefully!
  • User group permission based access to report center.
    • Default permissions set for groups (global/content) for groups with warn or edit basic profile permissions.
    • New Permissions:
      • View Report center.
      • Comment on open report
      • Comment on closed report
      • Update a report's status
      • Assign report
      • See reporter username
  • Ensure EnhancedSearch 'optimize index' does not lose type information.
  • Reduce number of queries when searching, by prevent N+1 query behaviour.
  • Allow opt-out of various report center alerts
    • Currently very course grained.
This codebase has been running on Sufficient Velocity for ~6 months without a major issue.

Last edited:
With this addon is possible to give access (read/write) to the report center to "mods" that don't have edit permission in the specific node where report was issued?

Example:
We have mods that don't have edit permission because they are simply people that help the "executor mods" to take decisions.

With this addon is possible to give access (read/write) to the report center to "mods" that don't have edit permission in the specific node where report was issued?

Example:
We have mods that don't have edit permission because they are simply people that help the "executor mods" to take decisions.
Yes, you need to grant the "View Reported post" permission on the forum level or globally.

With the 1.2.0 branch, they don't need to be a moderator or anything else.

Last edited:
With the recent addition of permissions to the report center, I now have moderators who can see recently closed reports that they should not have access to. They can still only see active reports for the areas they have permissions in, which is great, but this behavior with recently closed reports is not desirable.

With the recent addition of permissions to the report center, I now have moderators who can see recently closed reports that they should not have access to. They can still only see active reports for the areas they have permissions in, which is great, but this behavior with recently closed reports is not desirable.
Can you describe in details what you mean by that? Is this forum level permissions for viewing nodes? Can you show me (via conversation or here) the forum-level report centre permissions for the moderators on the particular forum which are the issue?

Can you toggle "Reports respect view-node permission" option and see if that resolves your issues?

I'm getting "Callback SV_ReportImprovements_Listener::controller_pre_dispatch is invalid (Invalid Method)." when trying to upgrade with Add-on Install & Upgrade (had no issue when upgrading Alert Improvements). Well, probably failure when uploading some files, I'll try to manually upload the files.

EDIT: lol, that was weird. I tried to upgrade by uploading the ZIP instead and it worked.

I'm getting "Callback SV_ReportImprovements_Listener::controller_pre_dispatch is invalid (Invalid Method)." when trying to upgrade with Add-on Install & Upgrade (had no issue when upgrading Alert Improvements). Well, probably failure when uploading some files, I'll try to manually upload the files.

EDIT: lol, that was weird. I tried to upgrade by uploading the ZIP instead and it worked.
This is a race condition between when you upload the files and php opcode cache is refreshed. It can happen when ever a new method to an existing class.

My version of add-on install & upgrade (which need UI improvements before it can be publically release), mostly solves this by aggressively flushing the opcode cache before the add-on is installed..

This is a race condition between when you upload the files and php opcode cache is refreshed. It can happen when ever a new method to an existing class.
Oh right, that makes sense. Yeah, I was using a back-end caching, but for some reason I wasn't thinking about that (usually I'd manually refresh the opcache by myself though - made an HTTP auth protected PHP file to clear the opcache). Oh well, at least it's working now.

My version of add-on install & upgrade (which need UI improvements before it can be publically release), mostly solves this by aggressively flushing the opcode cache before the add-on is installed..
Oh right, any news about this?

Fyi,

Report search will be included in v1.3 once some UI issues have been knocked out. It will have support for ElasticSearch Essentials, so reports and report comments do not result in less search results for normal users.

@Xon

I have moderators of specific sections telling me they can see and modify reports from all sections, what could be the issue here? "Reports respect view-node permission" is checked.

@Xon

I have moderators of specific sections telling me they can see and modify reports from all sections, what could be the issue here? "Reports respect view-node permission" is checked.
This happens if they have been granted the "view post report" permission globally and can see all forums.

You need to grant the "view post report" permission per forum (or category), if they can see the forum but you don't want them to be able to see the reports.

I haven't really done much with per-forum moderators before, most of the time all my moderators are "super-moderators" in XenForo terms.

This happens if they have been granted the "view post report" permission globally and can see all forums.

You need to grant the "view post report" permission per forum (or category), if they can see the forum but you don't want them to be able to see the reports.

I haven't really done much with per-forum moderators before, most of the time all my moderators are "super-moderators" in XenForo terms.

So, user with View Post Report set to allow for forum X will see reports only for forum X?

So, user with View Post Report set to allow for forum X will see reports only for forum X?
Correct. In addition, if "Reports respect view-node permission" is checked, they also need to be able to see the forum as well as the "View Post Report" permission.

Top Bottom