XF 2.1 Removing menu items from the "What's new" section

DroidOne

I'd like to remove a few menu items from the "What's new section". Namely: "New media comments" and "New profile posts"

How do I do that? There doesn't seem to be an option for what items to include in the "What's new section". I've tried looking through the style templates and the ACP options.

Yes, I just realized that's what you meant just now right before you posted that. This would require editing the whats_new_wrapper template and you can see where it has a link for the items. You would just need to remove the correct lines for the item link you didn't want or add extra ones.

But yeah it's the template whats_new_wrapper

But just to clarify you do have control over the 2 widgets new_posts and new_profile posts via whats_new_overview position. Just not the items themselves but it's fairly straight forward to remove them if you view that template stated above.

Yes, I just realized that's what you meant just now right before you posted that. This would require editing the whats_new_wrapper template and you can see where it has a link for the items. You would just need to remove the correct lines for the item link you didn't want or add extra ones.

But yeah it's the template whats_new_wrapper

But just to clarify you do have control over the 2 widgets new_posts and new_profile posts via whats_new_overview position. Just not the items themselves but it's fairly straight forward to remove them if you view that template stated above.

Ah! There it is. Thanks.

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove them by adding some lines to the extra.css? (Othwerise I'll just edit the template directly).

Ah! There it is. Thanks.

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove them by adding some lines to the extra.css? (Othwerise I'll just edit the template directly).

You could probably use a display: none; property for the links you didn't want but tbh it doesn't seem like the right way to do it in my opinion. Editing the template directly isn't as bad as you think as you can revert it anytime by clicking revert so it's safe to do it. But if you'd rather use a display: none property if you find the right class it's possible

Top Bottom