XF 2.1 How to remove tabs from the What's New section?

Hensmon

Hey there. A lot of the tabs in my What's New section are empty, redundant or not wanted. Is there a place in the current settings I can customize (remove those ones). Ideally all I want is one or two of those tabs. Thanks

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 3.06.19 PM.webp

Look in ACP for Public Navigation and just deactivate the items you don't want.

Strange...they are all turned off, yet I see all of them on the live site
Those are the main Navigation (sub navigation)

I think you are referring to the links at the top of the page (below the page title) and turning them off in the public navigation will not affect the ones below page title.

By the look of it your theme is 3rd party or else already customised, but normally to remove any of those links you can do that in the template whats_new_wrapper

Code:
<xf:macro name="links" arg-pageSelected="!" arg-baseClass="!" arg-selectedClass="!">
    <a class="{$baseClass} {{ $pageSelected == 'overview' ? {$selectedClass} : '' }}" href="{{ link('whats-new') }}">{{ phrase('whats_new') }}</a>
    <!--[XF:links:start]-->
    <a class="{$baseClass} {{ $pageSelected == 'new_thread' ? {$selectedClass} : '' }}" href="{{ link('whats-new/posts') }}" rel="nofollow">{{ phrase('new_posts') }}</a>
    <!--[XF:links:after_thread]-->
    <xf:if is="$xf.visitor.canViewProfilePosts()">
        <a class="{$baseClass} {{ $pageSelected == 'new_profile_post' ? {$selectedClass} : '' }}" href="{{ link('whats-new/profile-posts') }}" rel="nofollow">{{ phrase('new_profile_posts') }}</a>
    </xf:if>
    <!--[XF:links:after_profile_post]-->
    <xf:if is="$xf.options.enableNewsFeed">
        <xf:if is="$xf.visitor.user_id">
            <a class="{$baseClass} {{ $pageSelected == 'news_feed' ? {$selectedClass} : '' }}" href="{{ link('whats-new/news-feed') }}" rel="nofollow">{{ phrase('your_news_feed') }}</a>

<a class="{$baseClass} {{ $pageSelected == 'latest_activity' ? {$selectedClass} : '' }}" href="{{ link('whats-new/latest-activity') }}" rel="nofollow">{{ phrase('latest_activity') }}</a>
    <!--[XF:links:end]-->
</xf:macro>

Last edited:
Top Bottom