RM 1.1 Removing Breadlinks

thunderup

How do you remove the breadlinks from resource view?

Or at least remove the forum link (first link on the breadlinks)

Please provide both options if you know what to enter, thanks!

To remove the actual child breadcrumbs, the resource_view template. Otherwise, you could need to add a conditional to remove them from the PAGE_CONTAINER template when necessary.

The "Forums" link is added if you don't enter a home page URL. This is controlled by the breadcrumb template.

To remove the actual child breadcrumbs, the resource_view template. Otherwise, you could need to add a conditional to remove them from the PAGE_CONTAINER template when necessary.

The "Forums" link is added if you don't enter a home page URL. This is controlled by the breadcrumb template.

What conditional would I need to use to remove them completely from resource view? Just use the template conditional with "resource_view" at the template, correct?

I've commented out the breadlink and the post update button from the top section in the resource_view template... so now that leaves the base breadlink with the home link...

I've put this code on it, and it is still showing on my resource view :

Code:
<xen:if is="!in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('resource_view'))">                        <div class="breadBoxTop {xen:if $topctrl, withTopCtrl}">
                            <xen:if is="{$topctrl}"><div class="topCtrl">{xen:raw $topctrl}</div></xen:if>
                            <xen:include template="breadcrumb"><xen:set var="$microdata">1</xen:set></xen:include>
                        </div></xen:if>

It works for me:

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'forum_list' AND !in_array({$quickNavSelected}, array('node-32'))">

The breadcrumbs are removed from the forum list and the forum node 32.

From the FAQ:

How can I find out which template to edit?
Using your browser, view the page source and look for a line of code near the top of the page which begins
<div id="content" class="; the class is the name of the template. So for the main forum page, the line of code is:<div id="content" class="forum_list">, which makes the template forum_list.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-181112

Yes, I see that...
This is what I have now, but it is still showing on that page:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'resource_description, resource_index' AND !in_array({$quickNavSelected}, array('node-83','node-86','node-87'))">

@Brogan is it possible to remove the breadlink from a resource that has a thread created for it?

These above codes remove the breadlinks just fine where intended and when viewing a resource that has no thread associated / auto created with it... but I still get a breadlink with only the "Home" link in it when viewing a resource that has a thread / discussion associated with it

I guess a better question would be.. since I'm overriding the resource manager default style with a child style... could I completely scrap the breadlinks from all templates on said child style ? Or would that still remove all breadlinks from all styles.

Last edited:
Any changes you make to a style will only affect that style and any children, as long as the children don't have the same template/SP modified themselves.

Top Bottom