1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.1 Removing Breadlinks

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by toodlez, May 18, 2014.

1. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

How do you remove the breadlinks from resource view?

Or at least remove the forum link (first link on the breadlinks)

Please provide both options if you know what to enter, thanks!

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

To remove the actual child breadcrumbs, the resource_view template. Otherwise, you could need to add a conditional to remove them from the PAGE_CONTAINER template when necessary.

The "Forums" link is added if you don't enter a home page URL. This is controlled by the breadcrumb template.

3. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

What conditional would I need to use to remove them completely from resource view? Just use the template conditional with "resource_view" at the template, correct?

4. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

I've commented out the breadlink and the post update button from the top section in the resource_view template... so now that leaves the base breadlink with the home link...

I've put this code on it, and it is still showing on my resource view :

Code:
    <xen:if is="!in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('resource_view'))">                        <div class="breadBoxTop {xen:if $topctrl, withTopCtrl}">
                                <xen:if is="{$topctrl}"><div class="topCtrl">{xen:raw $topctrl}</div></xen:if>
                                <xen:include template="breadcrumb"><xen:set var="$microdata">1</xen:set></xen:include>
                            </div></xen:if>

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This should work:

HTML:
    <xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'resource_view'">

6. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

This is what I have now, it is not working

Code:
                            <xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'resource_view' AND !in_array({$quickNavSelected}, array('node-83','node-86','node-87'))">

7. Brogan

It works for me:

HTML:
    <xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'forum_list' AND !in_array({$quickNavSelected}, array('node-32'))">
    The breadcrumbs are removed from the forum list and the forum node 32.

8. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

I did the same thing but replaced 'forum_list' with 'resource_view' and it doesn't remove it

9. Brogan

Which resource page are you trying to remove it from?

Link to one on this site.

10. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

11. Brogan

The template is resource_description.

upload_2014-7-31_20-30-5.png

toodlez likes this.
  12. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

13. Brogan

From the FAQ:

How can I find out which template to edit?
    Using your browser, view the page source and look for a line of code near the top of the page which begins
    <div id="content" class="; the class is the name of the template. So for the main forum page, the line of code is:<div id="content" class="forum_list">, which makes the template forum_list.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-181112

14. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

Yes, I see that...
    This is what I have now, but it is still showing on that page:

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'resource_description, resource_index' AND !in_array({$quickNavSelected}, array('node-83','node-86','node-87'))">

15. Brogan

You can't add more than one template to the statement in that manner.

You will need to use an array.

16. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

Sorry about that, thanks Brogan

17. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

@Brogan is it possible to remove the breadlink from a resource that has a thread created for it?

These above codes remove the breadlinks just fine where intended and when viewing a resource that has no thread associated / auto created with it... but I still get a breadlink with only the "Home" link in it when viewing a resource that has a thread / discussion associated with it

18. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

I guess a better question would be.. since I'm overriding the resource manager default style with a child style... could I completely scrap the breadlinks from all templates on said child style ? Or would that still remove all breadlinks from all styles.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  19. Brogan

Any changes you make to a style will only affect that style and any children, as long as the children don't have the same template/SP modified themselves.