XF 1.4 Remove Inline Display from Profile Posts

Amaury

I've added a line break for profile posts on the sidebar so it's not easily confused that the username is part of the message, like so:

Posts 1.webp

I also wanted to do it on the main profile posts page, profiles, and overlays that you bring up from the sidebar block (all of which I'm sure come from the same template), but differently since I have more room to work with. However, after some extensive searching, I can't seem to find the template I need to edit for statuses / posts.

I managed to get it for comments, though:

Posts 2.webp

Edit: Scratch that. A line break will be sufficient for profile statuses / posts because there are sometimes two names (when you post on another user's profile).

Still don't know what I need to edit, though.

Last edited:
display: inline-block; or block should both work okay I think.

Thank you, Steve. Just block worked perfectly.

Just for consistency, I reverted my changes to profile_post_comment and profile_post_list_item_simple and used the following CSS in EXTRA.css instead:

Code:
.messageSimple .commentContent blockquote

Code:
.profilePostListItem .messageContent blockquote

@Steve, somewhat related, so I'm just posting here again.

For the news feed -- of the three areas it appears in -- the inline is fine, but just to make it easier to distinguish the username from the message when it comes to profile statuses, I'd like to add a phrase following the username that says "updated their status" or something like that, and I know how to create the phrase and call it in the relevant template, but I don't know what template to edit, again.

http://www.kh-flare.net/recent-activity/

I tried doing a template search for the phrase {xen:phrase news_feed_post_insert}, but no results came up. I also tried {xen:phrase recent_activity}, and the only news feed templates that came up were templates like news_feed_page_global, but all they contain is this and it doesn't have anything with the actual feed:

Code:
<xen:title>{xen:phrase recent_activity}</xen:title>
<xen:description>{xen:phrase activity_stream_for_all_registered_members_at_x, 'board_title={$xenOptions.boardTitle}'}</xen:description>

<xen:require js="js/xenforo/news_feed.js" />

<div class="newsFeed">
    <xen:include template="news_feed">
        <xen:set var="$noContentHtml">{xen:phrase news_feed_is_currently_empty}</xen:set>
    </xen:include>
    <xen:include template="news_feed_end">
        <xen:set var="$itemLoaderUrl">{xen:link recent-activity}</xen:set>
    </xen:include>
    <xen:include template="preview_tooltip" />
    <div class="extra">
        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><a href="{xen:link account/news-feed}" class="button smallButton">{xen:phrase your_news_feed}</a></xen:if>
    </div>
</div>

<xen:sidebar>

Top Bottom