XF 2.1 Remove Guests from Current Visitors

Mikethemix

Our forum is closed, how can I remove all those guests from appearing in the list of current visitors?
Ideally I only want to show Members, but not Guests or Robots.

Our members are disturbed by seeing all those Guests and Robots listed - even though they are not gaining access to the forum content.

It is the page Members - Current Visitors
Its address is: /index.php?online/
ideally I want the default page to open with this view:
/index.php?online/&type=member

How can I link that url to the button Current Visitors?

Last edited:
Ah ha, I just spotted another mention of "guests", The members online widget (which I have sitting at the foot of the forum) is still mentioning guests in its stats. This is how it looks: Any clues how to remove that stats reference?

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 14.02.12.webp

Sorry, this forum software is so complex (= capable) that to a newbie like me, it is difficult to come to grips with some of these subtleties.

Just for the record, after three months work we completed out migration from vB4.2.5 to xf2 and it has been a HUGE success. Our users are delighted with the clean style and neat way it works. We are now tidying up all these loose ends which could not be prioritised before migration:)

I told my members that Bots are good, they contribute to search engine results
And I told them that Guests are welcome, as they are looking and one day they may join and become members.
Now they do not worry abour them
Dont turn people away from your forum!

I told my members that Bots are good, they contribute to search engine results
And I told them that Guests are welcome, as they are looking and one day they may join and become members.
Now they do not worry abour them
Dont turn people away from your forum!

His forum is a closed private one, the bots and guests don't see anything so they don't contribute to nothing.

Top Bottom