REMOVE - Forum title and thread title [Deleted]

Adam Howard

Adam Howard submitted a new resource:

REMOVE - Forum title and thread title - For a more compact view

This removes the forum title for a more compact view.

Arguably after all, it is generally easy to assume people know where they are (you even have a logo to point that fact out).

In addition it also removes the thread title, that you see when you are already inside a thread, thus giving you a more compact view.

Before:
View attachment 74705

After:
View attachment 74706

Read more about this resource...

Easier just to remove the forum titile and keeping the thread title by using CSS again.

Code:
.forum_list .titleBar {display: none;}

That'll remove just the Board name. Seems a bit silly to remove the thread name. I'm not sure why you'd install an addon for something that's so easy in css.

Easier just to remove the forum titile and keeping the thread title by using CSS again.

Code:
.forum_list .titleBar {display: none;}

That'll remove just the Board name. Seems a bit silly to remove the thread name. I'm not sure why you'd install an addon for something that's so easy in css.
Same reason for many of mine tonight.... For those who do not feel like editing code manually or are shy doing so.

Same reason for many of mine tonight.... For those who do not feel like editing code manually or are shy doing so.
It's not editing code, it's adding css to EXTRA.css - which, if they're shy means it'll be empty so they're not rewriting anything lol Hard to be shy about a copy and paste into a blank template :D

It's not editing code, it's adding css to EXTRA.css - which, if they're shy means it'll be empty so they're not rewriting anything lol Hard to be shy about a copy and paste into a blank template :D
Can make an add-on using extra.css as well :P

It's still adding code either way and some styles do use extra.css...

I know they do.. I just think it's a bit silly using addons for things that are this basic. Perpetuating the fear of editing EXTRA.css by installing more and more addons doesn't make things better. It'd be better to educate on how to do this stuff in EXTRA.css and reduce the amount of addons necessary :D

I know they do.. I just think it's a bit silly using addons for things that are this basic. Perpetuating the fear of editing EXTRA.css by installing more and more addons doesn't make things better. It'd be better to educate on how to do this stuff in EXTRA.css and reduce the amount of addons necessary :D
paraphrased conversation....

"Adam, I'd like you to do X, Y, Z for me without adding any code"

"Really? You know it's not hard; you can just add 1,2,3...."

"No Adam, I want X, Y, Z, and when you're done, just release it for others too"

"Are you sure? It really would be simple to do 1,2,3"

"Yes, Adam, here is your payment too"

"Okie -dokie!"

It is what it is... Some people just prefer it one way over the other and no debating or arguing will change it. :)

How does "display:none" (and hiding the forum title) affect SEO?
Really shouldn't, I don't think. Google picks up the same title text that displays in your browsers tabs (which is broadcasted in the header). That title past the navigation which this removes isn't a big deal.

Imo you should include all your "Remove" add-ons in one single package and make only one resource entry for it in order to avoid unnecessary bloat in the resource manager.

Top Bottom