As designed Remove formatting not working with copy/paste bold text

Siropu

Affected version
Paste a bold text in the editor and try removing its formatting. I'm using Chrome 70.0.3538.77-1 on Ubuntu.

I just tried this with the bold text in your signature without issue, so you'll need to give us more specific reproduction instructions. It may be that it's actually a heading that gets pasted in and remove formatting doesn't remove that (it only removes inline formatting).

Worth also noting that you've mentioned Chrome 70 and unless they're using a different numbering scheme, that's a super old version of Chrome (the current being 83 or maybe 84), so if we still can't reproduce the issue we'd likely ask you to try with the latest version of Chrome. (Chrome support would usually be capped to the current version and at most the previous 2 releases.)

It may be that it's actually a heading that gets pasted in and remove formatting doesn't remove that (it only removes inline formatting).
You are right, it was a heading not a simple bold. I thought that it should remove everything formatting related.

Is there an ability to completely remove heading recognition from the editor? I like to have remove formatting applied to everything. It does not when it comes to headings.

Top Bottom