1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Removal of TapaTalk

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by PASS, Oct 24, 2015.

1. PASS

PASS Active Member

I have had a heck of a day over on the TT forum. I posted my concern about how they are taking away features we had for free for many years and now charging us to get them back. They kept deleting my posts. LOL

Anyway, I have removed TT from one of my sites (planning to do them all) and I wanted to know the best way to remove the "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" from all the posts.

2. vbresults

vbresults Well-Known Member

Uh oh, I am assuming you didn't email pw reset the Tapatalk users... see the answer here under the heading "Will I lose my Tapatalk users?" You may have nixed them.

For replacing the "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" text, use this add-on.

Regular Expression:

/Sent from my (.+) using Tapatalk/i

No replacement. Make sure to test it 1st.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    RoldanLT likes this.
  3. Shiro

Shiro Well-Known Member

I made Tapatalk users register using the site's registration form. Never trusted Tapatalk's own.
    PASS likes this.
  4. PASS

PASS Active Member

I notified all my members that tapatalk will be removed soon. I always redirected to register on the site too. I also never used TT image hosting either. Should I be OK?

So that expression will do all the "sent from....." ??

5. vbresults

vbresults Well-Known Member

Ah, then you're okay. And yes, that's what the expression does.
    PASS likes this.
  6. PASS

PASS Active Member

Thanks for the help!
  7. PASS

PASS Active Member

I'm getting an error..

8. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Put the word "tapatalk" in the top box
    vbresults and PASS like this.
  9. PASS

PASS Active Member

Worked perfectly. Thx! Good riddance CrapaTalk!
    vbresults likes this.
  10. PASS

PASS Active Member

How to remove.. [emoji89] too? or any [emojixx]
  11. viper357

viper357 Active Member

Hi everyone. I have used /Sent from my (.+) using Tapatalk/i successfully but I also have some tapatalk signatures that say this:
    Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    How can I change the regex to remove these ones please? And also what must I put in the top box as the word tapatalk is no longer in the signature?

Thanks. :)
  12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you are using the post content replace add-on, you should post on the associated thread for support.