Lack of interest Remote image upload

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
In 2020 there is really no reason to host attachments on server. It makes no sense for anyone that has a moderately or large sized forum. It makes backups difficult, migrations annoying and takes up tons of server space. Every website in the world is using a remote host. Can you please add an automatic remote hosting option that uses imgur.com for example(or other options)? It shouldn't take that much effort. Thanks!

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yeah its a no from me too. If you dont want to pay to host your own images, dont run a forum where people can upload them. Simple.

I use DO for my attachment data, it is super cheap too.

LOL. So change the architecture of XF image hosting but still pay for the hosting? How does that make sense?
It’s a separately hosted site, easy to off load to alternate host.

I don’t know, I’m just trying to pitch something that might work when so far no other solutions have been satisfactory.

Top Bottom