Implemented Remote Attachments storage

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
i am going to switch my board (800k registred users, 4mio. posts) from vb3.8.x to another forum software (XF or IPB).

we have a huge amount of files, attachements on our server. the best way for speed improvements is to store attachements on other servers than the same server where the core forum software is running on.

i very liked to see the option.

IPB will come out with this feature with the 4.0 version.
http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/394248-40-file-storage/

please mike & kier, take a look at IPBs external storage feature and develop a better one, so the xenforo community will love XF more and more...

best

yeah, but i liked to see that in the core. i dont like 3rd party coded stuff, because i dont know if its well coded...

also, the IPB core feature allows you to set individual preferrences for attachement types, e.g. avatars should stored in database, but jpg in external storage...

i also would love to see, if we can add cluster of external storage servers...

Last edited:
Hi MattW,

thanks for feedback. But like i said before, IPB going to implement this feature into the core system. And i would like to see this also in the XF core.

Also, options for CDN preferences in the core is a Must-Have, imo.

At the moment, on my vB3.8.x i host eg. static files like .js/.css/.jpg/.gifs etc. on my own CDN server (via varnish) without any need of 3rd party addons.

that should be somewhere in the config.file? i just have login for the demo.xenforo.com site atm. And in the admin-panel, i cant see any options to do that...

so i can give for .js and .css files like static1.domain.com, and for image files like img.domain.com ? Can i use different CDN domain for different file types?

Top Bottom