Relocate PageNavLinkGroup

Neil E.

In thread view, the default setup has the PageNavLinkGroup (page 1 of 3 etc) located within the message area. This makes the last message signature bar look inflated. I'd like to move the PageNavLinkGroup down so it is above quickReply. What needs to be done?

xenforo59.webp

desired

xenforo60.webp

That line is actually a top border for the quick reply box and the lines separating each message are also top borders.

There probably isn't a very easy way of doing this.

Actually Yorick Chris, your answer was extremely helpful. I was looking at it the wrong way round. Solved by removing the quickReply top border and adding a top border to the pageNavLinkGroup. Now I can start a new topic about the quickReply location.

EDIT: Well it wasn't that simple after all. I'll update this later.

I forgot that adding a top border to pageNavLinkGroup would show in all locations. I did a TMS edit to thread_view to add a div class=newMessageBottomLine above the lower pageNavLinkGroup. Styled this new line in EXTRA.css and it's fine (until I decide I want it to look different).

I forgot that adding a top border to pageNavLinkGroup would show in all locations. I did a TMS edit to thread_view to add a div class=newMessageBottomLine above the lower pageNavLinkGroup. Styled this new line in EXTRA.css and it's fine (until I decide I want it to look different).
Indeed.

I was beginning to think the only way would be to add some custom code or some inline styling - either way a template edit.

Glad it's a solution, nonetheless.

Top Bottom