[rellect] Nodes Grid

[rellect] Nodes Grid 2.0.2

No permission to download
Doesn't do well with @Jaxel's subforum grid listings

LZSfygC.png

Jaxels version looks cooler. :)
As much as I can see, this is something that should be fixed at his end. Subforums should break, not overflow.
But tell me what is different in his version over the default, I may consider to add these changes into the Nodes Grid.
Hey @rellect :)

Do you have an idea for this problem please ?
There's not much I can do here. I'll talk with the designer and see if he can change the coding to avoid this problem.

As much as I can see, this is something that should be fixed at his end. Subforums should break, not overflow.
But tell me what is different in his version over the default, I may consider to add these changes into the Nodes Grid.

There's not much I can do here. I'll talk with the designer and see if he can change the coding to avoid this problem.
Thank you ;)

Hi @rellect, I'm using the sonft responsive style and I think the last posts display doesn't look like quite right, here a screengrab:

0581940711.png

I supected maybe it's because of the Last Post Avatar by Waindigo add-on and deactivated it but it's the same with or without. Any way we could fix & tweak it?

Thank you.

Hi @rellect, I'm using the sonft responsive style and I think the last posts display doesn't look like quite right, here a screengrab:

0581940711.png

I supected maybe it's because of the Last Post Avatar by Waindigo add-on and deactivated it but it's the same with or without. Any way we could fix & tweak it?

Thank you.
Please send me a link to your site, I'll take a look.

Please send me a link to your site, I'll take a look.

Nevermind, there are too much subforums which create all sort of problems. I'll stick with the default look for now. Thanks anyway, I'm sure I'll use this addon in some of my other projects.

Nevermind, there are too much subforums which create all sort of problems. I'll stick with the default look for now. Thanks anyway, I'm sure I'll use this addon in some of my other projects.
I understand. Anyway I've tested the issue and it seems to be specific to this style.
In case you or anyone else needs this fixed, just add this to the css
HTML:
.node .nodeStats
{
    overflow: hidden;
}

This line exist in the default node_list.css template, but in the soft responsive design, for some reason, it has been removed.

@rellect
I like this addon.
But,it doesn't work with xenforo 1.1.3
Have an error when i install this addon.

Server Error
Argument 3 passed to rellect_NodesGrid_Install_Controller::install() must be an instance of SimpleXMLElement, none given

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in rellect/NodesGrid/Install/Controller.php at line 5
  2. rellect_NodesGrid_Install_Controller::install()
  3. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  5. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hihihehe/domains/domain.com/public_html/vui/admin.php at line 13

Dear rellect, I have run a test with your mod and it seems to be working pretty well. however I have some specific custimizations I need to make for my own forum, but I'm stuck with doing the edits. I see a few posts telling people to do so by adding something into the Extra.css, but till now it doesn't work too well. So is it possible if you tell me a bit about where to look and change when editing grid styles?

Thank you so much!

Dear rellect, I have run a test with your mod and it seems to be working pretty well. however I have some specific custimizations I need to make for my own forum, but I'm stuck with doing the edits. I see a few posts telling people to do so by adding something into the Extra.css, but till now it doesn't work too well. So is it possible if you tell me a bit about where to look and change when editing grid styles?

Thank you so much!
To style it you need to write your own css and add it to extra.css.
You also may take a look at rellect_nodes_grid.css, there is the css that related to the grid design.

Just a quick suggestion, create an option in user preferences to toggle the grid on/off if possible. Not everyone's going to like grids and vice versa :P

rellect updated [rellect] Nodes Grid with a new update entry:

v1.0.3

Status icon for sub-forums
To show sub-forums like that, you need to disable sub-forums popup (@nodeListSubForumPopup)

View attachment 69972

Hide last post
Now you can hide the last post inside grid nodes.
You can hide in for all grids, or just for a nested grid.

View attachment 69970

New settings
Two new settings already mentioned above, to hide the last post.
Additional...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This version seems to have a problem with displaying sub-forum drop-downs:
screenshot.webp

The sub-forums in the drop-down should all be on the same level, but it seems they have somehow been randomly indented.

This version seems to have a problem with displaying sub-forum drop-downs:
The sub-forums in the drop-down should all be on the same level, but it seems they have somehow been randomly indented.
Thanks, will be fixed for the next update (in few days).

For a manual fix, edit rellect_nodes_grid.css, add the following code to bottom:
HTML:
.subForumsMenu .node.level-n .nodeIcon
{
    display: none;
}

Top Bottom