[rellect] Nodes Grid

[rellect] Nodes Grid 2.0.2

No permission to download
I'm just reading again the messages to see if there's interesting suggestion or report that I missed.
At first I thought that you want the RSS icon and the last message to be in the same line next to each other, so I replied that it may confuse. Just now, when I'm reading this again, I understand what really this report about.

I will fix this in the coming update, thanks :)
Thank you, it is also my fault, I may be poorly explained.

I'm just reading again the messages to see if there's interesting suggestion or report that I missed.
At first I thought that you want the RSS icon and the last message to be in the same line next to each other, so I replied that it may confuse. Just now, when I'm reading this again, I understand what really this report about.

I will fix this in the coming update, thanks :)
It's still off for me in your 1.0.2 update.

Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 0.18.29.webp

Try as I might just can't get the grid to work for sub-forums, they just display as normal.

upload_2013-12-22_10-19-16.webp

For example all of the sub-forums for Battlefield and Call of Duty have been selected to show as columns but they just show as above.

Try as I might just can't get the grid to work for sub-forums, they just display as normal.

View attachment 63437

For example all of the sub-forums for Battlefield and Call of Duty have been selected to show as columns but they just show as above.
Well I actually never tested this on sub-forums since there's nothing to do there. They are in columns already.

Or maybe I misunderstand the report.
What did you expected to see?

Hmm, I was basing it off one of your pictures, but I got the wrong end of the stick and can see what is being shown ... so as you were, nothing to see here, move along move along :p.

Heloo
If i want to unistall it i have this error!!

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Incorrect table name 'xf_node DROP '

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in rellect/NodesGrid/Install/Controller.php at line 35
  5. rellect_NodesGrid_Install_Controller::uninstall()
  6. call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 200
  7. XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1767
  8. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/cozmbeoi/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Heloo
If i want to unistall it i have this error!!
I guess you're running the first version of this addon. The issue fixed in a later update.
All you need to do is download the addon again and upload the files (you don't have to upgrade the addon).
Then you may uninstall successfully.

I'm experiencing two slight problems with this on tablets.

I have the "Show as column" field checked for all my categories. The forums within the categories are not checked. This displays very nicely on a desktop browser as shown here:
categories_side-by-side.webp

However, on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 7" screen, it refuses to display any of the categories side-by-side, so that they will only have one column. Here's the same index page in landscape and portrait modes, respectively:
galaxy_tab_3_landscape.webp galaxy_tab_3_portrait.webp

Problem 1: I think it's odd that it won't display them side-by-side in the landscape mode. (Notice all that unused, blank space in the middle.)

This is on an iPad mini:
ipad_mini.webp
Problem 2: While it does display the categories side-by-side here, the forums within them are not aligned because the forum descriptions are written out. Is there a way to prevent forum descriptions from being written out, or to truncate them to one line only, so that the forums will align properly? (Perhaps this isn't strictly a problem with this add-on itself.) Also, I think the sub-forums drop-downs will contribute to the misalignment. Is there a way to avoid that?

@karll
1. Galaxy Tab issue - what browser do you use there?
2. Forum descriptions - it's not an issue. If you don't want to allow it breaking into lines, add this css
HTML:
.nodeList .categoryStrip .nodeDescription
{
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
    overflow: hidden;
    white-space: nowrap;
    max-width: 100%;
}
I'll consider to add this as an option in the next update.

3. Sub-forums alignment issue - I guess you mean to the unnecessary space on the left. It only happens when it's breaking into new line, but it's fixable.

Thank you for your response, rellect.

1. On the Galaxy Tab I use the default browser, which appears to be Android v4.1. (I had thought it was Google Chrome, but that's not the case. I'm still a bit of a newbie with tablets ...)

2. I added the css into my EXTRA.css template. I tested it in landscape mode on the Galaxy Tab, but it still seems to write out the descriptions there ... I don't have an iPad myself, so not sure if it looks different there, though I would expect it to look similar ...?

3. The remaining alignment issue: what I mean is, some of the forums have sub-forums, some don't. The ones that have sub-forums will have an extra line (*) for the drop-down menu from where you can navigate to a sub-forum. That extra line breaks the alignment of side-by-side forums if only one of the forums have sub-forums.

* well, it's really a wrapped line I think. (Discussions: x Messages: y Sub-Forums: z)

Testing this again with the Galaxy Tab's Google Chrome does actually display the categories side-by-side, even in portrait mode. The forum descriptions are still written out in landscape mode. I also have the issue in item 3 above.

Last edited:
@karll
1. Just got access to android 4.1 device and I can confirm the issue in the default browser. I'm working to fix that for the next update.

2. My mistake, I thought you was talking about the categories descriptions. Here is the code for both forums and categories descriptions
HTML:
.nodeList .nodeDescription
{
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
    overflow: hidden;
    white-space: nowrap;
    max-width: 100%;
}

3. I see what you mean, but there is just not enough space to have all of it in one line. I can't do here much.. maybe replace the text with graphic icons.

Thank you so much for looking into this, and for the CSS!
3. I see what you mean, but there is just not enough space to have all of it in one line. I can't do here much.. maybe replace the text with graphic icons.
Maybe there is a way to make the whole line shorter. "Discussions: x Messages: y Sub-forums: z" could maybe be shortened to "T: x P: y F: z". Obviously, T is for threads, P is for posts, F is for forums.

Top Bottom