[rellect] Desktop Version For Mobiles

[rellect] Desktop Version For Mobiles 1.2.0

No permission to download
Lovely add-on..
One issue though, I use a custom theme and it's actually thrown the 'contact us' overly out.
Even messier on mobile view. No doubt a padding issue of sorts.. Any ideas as to how to fix this please?
Many thanks for this though it's brilliant, and I will be buying the ACP add-on too!

It seems to be stemming from - where the 'mobile version' selector is displayed. :)

contact_error.webp

Lovely add-on..
One issue though, I use a custom theme and it's actually thrown the 'contact us' overly out.
Even messier on mobile view. No doubt a padding issue of sorts.. Any ideas as to how to fix this please?
Many thanks for this though it's brilliant, and I will be buying the ACP add-on too!

It seems to be stemming from - where the 'mobile version' selector is displayed. :)

View attachment 107548
Hey, thanks for the feedback :)

There is probably an issue with the auto-template because of the customizations made to your footer template.
I'll need to check your site. I'll see if there's something I can do in my end, otherwise you'll need to place the button manually in the footer (pretty easy).

There is probably an issue with the auto-template because of the customizations made to your footer template.
I'll need to check your site. I'll see if there's something I can do in my end, otherwise you'll need to place the button manually in the footer (pretty easy).

Yeah no worries.. thank you!
it probably needs padding adjusted or to be chucked into a div or something does it?
If you tell me what template / file needs adjusting I can do it no problem, save you messing around. :)
And thank you for the swift reply :)

Yeah no worries.. thank you!
it probably needs padding adjusted or to be chucked into a div or something does it?
If you tell me what template / file needs adjusting I can do it no problem, save you messing around. :)
And thank you for the swift reply :)
Then, go to the options page -> [rellect] Desktop Version For Mobiles
Choose 'none' in the location setting.

Now you can place the button manually anywhere you'd like. Use this code (the output is a <a> tag)
HTML:
<xen:include template="rellect_desktop_version" />

Then, go to the options page -> [rellect] Desktop Version For Mobiles
Choose 'none' in the location setting.

Now you can place the button manually anywhere you'd like. Use this code (the output is a <a> tag)
HTML:

Fantastic, will do mate and thank you!
A star :)

I could be totally guessing as I'm posting from my phone but I recall seeing this on one of my styles in the past and it was mainly due to the template mod adding the link inside of another existing footer li tag next to the <a herf instead of being in its own li

Is there anything to be done about widgets marked "Don't display on mobile" (Widget Framework) not showing up on mobile devices after switching to desktop mode?

I could be totally guessing as I'm posting from my phone but I recall seeing this on one of my styles in the past and it was mainly due to the template mod adding the link inside of another existing footer li tag next to the <a herf instead of being in its own li
I'll need to see what changes made to the template to determine how to fix it.
Is there anything to be done about widgets marked "Don't display on mobile" (Widget Framework) not showing up on mobile devices after switching to desktop mode?
Generally this is possible to add support. But.. it will require to add files to the addon and will disable the ability to switch view without a refresh.
I will not add such support to the core addon as this is probably not needed for most sites and will make the addon less lightweight - but I can do it in a separate addon for those who needs extended functionality.

Is this compatible with UI.X? I've got one forum without UI.X using the add-on just fine. My site using UI.X won't show the link to swap to desktop version on mobile.

Is this compatible with UI.X? I've got one forum without UI.X using the add-on just fine. My site using UI.X won't show the link to swap to desktop version on mobile.
Probably there's a template conflict. In this case you'll need to place the link manually in the template.
HTML:

It might be something else – I'm using ui.x and it shows up fine. Are you checking on a mobile device? (Maybe a dumb question, but at first I just shrank my browser window and didn't see it.)

It might be something else – I'm using ui.x and it shows up fine. Are you checking on a mobile device? (Maybe a dumb question, but at first I just shrank my browser window and didn't see it.)
I was asuming he's testing correctly because he said that it works for him in another site. But just to to be sure, @bumble can you verify that you're testing with a touch device? and not in a regular desktop browser

Is this persistent?
If a member requests the desktop site and then comes back 24 hours later, will they still see desktop view or will they need to request desktop view again?

Is this persistent?
If a member requests the desktop site and then comes back 24 hours later, will they still see desktop view or will they need to request desktop view again?
It saves the preference for one session. Once the browser starts a new session, it will be go back to mobile view automatically.
In mobiles, session ends after few hours (depends on browser and device), or when browser is hard closed.
There are also actions that may clear the session, like login and logout.

didnt know there were options. i changed it to footer links and it works. the desktop site works crappy on mobile, but thats fine. its only for people who -really- need it.

thanks alot for the help!

Top Bottom