[rellect] Desktop Version For Mobiles

[rellect] Desktop Version For Mobiles 1.2.0

No permission to download

refael

rellect submitted a new resource:

[rellect] Desktop Version For Mobiles - Toggle between the responsive design and the full desktop design in your mobile device.

Description
Some members prefer the desktop view rather than the responsive version of the site.
In other cases, sometimes you just need to check something but it's hidden in the responsive view and you can't see it.

For these and other reasons, you may want a way to see the regular desktop design when you're browsing in your mobile device.

This addon will add a link to your footer links, which will allow you to toggle between the responsive version and the desktop version....

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: DRE
How does this work?

Any chance of a demo?
To make a responsive design to work, we need to set a width in the viewport meta tag.
By a simple javascript code, I change this data. This makes the browser to render in full width.
Absolutely harmless.

Unfortunately no demo is available for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRE
Visiting your site on my ipad I see the desktop/mobile link but don't see a difference switching between the two. I assume that's because the ipad version shows the full res site but it thinks its a mobile version due to the user agent?

It works great on iPad. The only issue I'm experiencing is that anchor's phrase always stays Mobile Version and it doesn't change on switch.

The phrase now changes properly but the link still doesn't bring responsive design back if tapped 2nd time, you need to refresh the page to see responsive design again.

One quick suggestion though, in rellect_desktop_version_js template <script type="text/javascript"> can be avoided and replaced with <script> since Xenforo is coded in HTML5.

The phrase now changes properly but the link still doesn't bring responsive design back if tapped 2nd time, you need to refresh the page to see responsive design again.

One quick suggestion though, in rellect_desktop_version_js template <script type="text/javascript"> can be avoided and replaced with <script> since Xenforo is coded in HTML5.
Do you have it installed in a live site? I'll take a look.
I tested it few times in my iPhone and it works fine.
Note that if you zoom in and click the link, you won׳t be zoomed out. So sometimes it makes you think that nothing happened when actually you just need to change the zooming. This is something that can't be controlled by javascript as far as I know.

Thanks for the javascript type advice. I always declare the type even though it's not need, it looks weird to me without it. Habits hard to change.

Right now I'm accomplishing this by using duplicate styles...the only difference in the styles is the ad codes and responsive enabled or disabled. My mobile styles use a different ad code compared to the desktop version, is there anyway this addon would be able to behave similarly?

Right now I'm accomplishing this by using duplicate styles...the only difference in the styles is the ad codes and responsive enabled or disabled. My mobile styles use a different ad code compared to the desktop version, is there anyway this addon would be able to behave similarly?
When switching between the mobile and the desktop version, a 'click' event is fired. You can listen to this event and replace the code based on that. A minimal jQuery knowledge is needed though.

Switching from Mobile > Desktop and Desktop > Mobile is not real time/instant on Firefox Android.

Top Bottom