Reliable People

So she'd wait 8 days after that to make this post? Even when she clearly is talking to him there?

And when was Mike ignoring people? He has always replied to anything I needed with his service whenever I used the appropriate channels.

Her last reply was - Yesterday at 9:05 PM
I'm guessing she waited 8 days and didn't get a response from a new pm she sent.
As for ignoring, I suppose that wasn't the right word to use, but certainly keeping people waiting, i.e. - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf-host.64747/

Until she replies about who it is, all of the guessing about it is pointless. Just like a member saying they have been ripped out of major cash by a well known dev then not providing info.

Either way, guess I've been lucky. I've always been able to reach him, even after having to wait. Guess it depends on each person how long they can wait before it's too much.

If this is not regarding xenforo, then it should be taken to the appropriate forum or ticket system in my opinion. Using xenforo.com as a place to get support or to get in contact with somebody probably isn't going to get the answers somebody may need.

I think it may benefit people to understand who that comment relates to and why.
Probably something to do with Mike Edge ignoring people again - http://xenforo.com/community/members/mike-edge.8963/#profile-post-17916
So she'd wait 8 days after that to make this post? Even when she clearly is talking to him there? And when was Mike ignoring people? He has always replied to anything I needed with his service whenever I used the appropriate channels.

Since February 27th, I sent Mike 13 messages via conversation. Prior to that, between February 3rd and 27th, I had sent him 10 more messages, the only response was regarding moving and that he would contact me in a few days (from 2/27) and a follow-up message about a port address. On top of that, half a dozen e-mails with no reponse. After a month, I posted on his profile page linking to 2 threads about issues was having that I had been asking he about. He deleted that post off his profile page after he replied to Gabby's post in the link above - by this time I had already switched hosts and requested that he delete all my information from his servers (still no reply to verify this has been done)

Either way, guess I've been lucky. I've always been able to reach him, even after having to wait. Guess it depends on each person how long they can wait before it's too much.

I gave it a full month of non-response before deciding that I had better switch. Because if something really did go wrong and I couldn't get a hold of him for a month, then what would I do?

No you're quite right, I shouldn't assume Mike just routinely ignores people based on a few people's negative posts/comments. :p

I can only speak to my personal experience.

If this is not regarding xenforo, then it should be taken to the appropriate forum or ticket system in my opinion. Using xenforo.com as a place to get support or to get in contact with somebody probably isn't going to get the answers somebody may need.

I was searching for a host when I decided to switch from GoDaddy and vB. Several members of this site recommended Mike Edge. I relied on such recommendations. There is no appropriate forum that I know of for direct support with Mike, at least none that he has provided to me, nor do I know of any ticket system. If he is on here basically advertising "Need a premium hosting solution for your xenForo community? PM me for a custom quote!" then one would expect that if they needed to contact him for help, one should be able to get a hold of him where he is advertising for service.

Seriously... are there any trust worthy people on this site? I mean I've had it.
Like with anywhere there are good people and bad people.

Thankfully, the vast majority of XenForo are very pleasant, friendly, and respectable individuals that can be trusted and are a pleasure to do business with. :)

I've done business else where and let me tell you from my experience.... The grass was not greener on the other side. This here (XenForo) is the greener side. ;)

Last edited:
As far as Mike, I have no idea. Just in general.. From VB to here. People come on this site offering services who shouldn't be. Some have come over from VB who clearly shouldn't allowed to offer anything. Offering design, hosting, tech support... then for whatever reason, flake out. Sick and tired of it...

I don't know why people are talking about Mike Edge, either. The OP doesn't point out a person. o_O And likewise, the claims are false. Mike Edge returns PM's within' an hour or something like that.
As far as Mike, I have no idea. Just in general.. From VB to here. People come on this site offering services who shouldn't be. Some have come over from VB who clearly shouldn't allowed to offer anything. Offering design, hosting, tech support... they for whatever reason, flake out. Sick and tired of it...
Like I said earlier, just block 'em, and ignore them back. Whatever scam they try to do will bite them in the butt. I said that before.

What goes around, comes around.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as Mike, I have no idea. Just in general.. From VB to here. People come on this site offering services who shouldn't be. Some have come over from VB who clearly shouldn't allowed to offer anything. Offering design, hosting, tech support... then for whatever reason, flake out. Sick and tired of it...
I can't say I've noticed it happening very often around here. For the most part, everyone who offers some kind of service comes through on what they're offering.

Adam honey, FYI Iwas deterred from using you from a person from this site, so don't tell me the "Vast" majority. It's like a friggen crapshoot here. You have always been nice to me and helpful but I was warned. WTH ever.

And whatever is going on with Mike Edge is bizarre and quite Frankly, I'm not playing these ridiculous games.

The IB lawsuit really set a precedence around here and has fundamentally changed this community for the worse for possibly years to come.. Thats my story and im sticking to it..

The IB lawsuit really set a precedence around here and has fundamentally changed this community for the worse for possibly years to come.. Thats my story and im sticking to it..
I think it's got something to do with it, but it shouldn't have been the entire reason why. But yes, you're right, the atmosphere [here] changed after the IB lawsuit.

With all due respect, just in general does not cut it. You either mentioned whom is not trustworthy and the reason(s) why or simply don''t post at all.

I TRY to keep my money out of the hand of large companies and give it to people who can use it but I guess that wasn't the best idea.

Top Bottom