Reliable People

I've used most people's services. I asked Gabby to join XenAdmins and create a thread there when she told me about her issues cause @Azhria Lilu and @Sheldon and some of the more helpful members of xenforo.com are usually online on that site more than on Xenforo.com ...I think. Could be wrong. Anyway @Gabby I have some suggestions: https://adminextra.com/threads/third-party-service-reviews.7171/ not so much hosting services though. I didn't post all my negative experiences with Xenforo peeps there though. Don't got time for all that.

Most people are not going to post negative experiences in a community they frequent - they just move on.

I've had peeps here sell me an add-on and then go away a couple weeks later and refuse to refund my money when it didn't work. Then they said I could not sell it either. This was a well known member.

You pay your $$ and you take your chances.....

XF is still in it's infancy. It does take quite a few admin skills to install it, update it and install and update add-ons....way past the amount of skills to deal with Wordpress, etc.

That has to be taken into account. Every time I think about installing an add-on or fiddling with stuff I already have installed, I remind myself that the important thing is that the site is UP and RUNNING and try to stay away from those temptations.

I should probably start a forum just to mess with.....where I wouldn't care if and when I screwed it up.....that way I could take my ya-ya's out and leave my other stuff alone.

It also takes fewer skills to successfully secure an XF install than a WP one in my experience. Being as 'friendly' as WP is has some serious drawbacks if you're not hyper-careful.

For instance, I never had a problem with URLJet, when I was using their hosting for other forum software. So I guess that is the type of service I'm going to have to look for for my xenforo forum even though it's expensive for my small, slow forum. :confused: Does something let URLjet exist here?

URLJet themselves are advertising as a XenForo host as well as a VB host these days, might as well use them if you were happy with them.

Honestly Guys, Talking about hosting, I run a hosting company and while its not my main job to provide income, if you do not get a reply from me within 12 hours, I am not doing my job as a service provider. I think that when getting custom work you need to ask previous customers about experiences. You need to use reliable people. if I needed something I would use Sheldon, because he prob does not remember but he purchased a license from me way back, I still remember and he was honest and I was honest and that proves that he has my trust.

Most people are not going to post negative experiences in a community they frequent - they just move on.

I've had peeps here sell me an add-on and then go away a couple weeks later and refuse to refund my money when it didn't work. Then they said I could not sell it either. This was a well known member.

You pay your $$ and you take your chances.....

XF is still in it's infancy. It does take quite a few admin skills to install it, update it and install and update add-ons....way past the amount of skills to deal with Wordpress, etc.

That has to be taken into account. Every time I think about installing an add-on or fiddling with stuff I already have installed, I remind myself that the important thing is that the site is UP and RUNNING and try to stay away from those temptations.

I should probably start a forum just to mess with.....where I wouldn't care if and when I screwed it up.....that way I could take my ya-ya's out and leave my other stuff alone.
I find XF much easier to install than WordPress personally.

Top Bottom