Reliable People

I TRY to keep my money out of the hand of large companies and give it to people who can use it but I guess that wasn't the best idea.
The little ones get away more often than the big ones. Mostly because they can stay out of the limelight and not be investigated. It's sneaky, but as I mentioned before: People will do things without thinking about their own consequences. It's unfortunate, but people will do crazy things for money. If you think online scams are bad, look outside those windows of yours.

I'm not talking about one single person, I am talking about multiple problems with finding reliable people from hosting, to tech support and design. I guess I need to find people who own a business as their livelihood? For instance, I never had a problem with URLJet, when I was using their hosting for other forum software. So I guess that is the type of service I'm going to have to look for for my xenforo forum even though it's expensive for my small, slow forum. :confused: Does something let URLjet exist here? It's seem a though the "vast majority" of people offering services on these sites are doing so not as a bigger business but as a way to make a little extra money on the side maybe? I dunno.

And as far as Mike Edge goes, I have no idea what is going on with him and its his business-I just hope he is okay.

It's seem a though the "vast majority" of people offering services on these sites are doing so not as a bigger business but as a way to make a little extra money on the side maybe? I dunno.
But how does that make them untrustworthy? I know quite a few of the addon devs here aren't doing it as their full time job because it doesn't pay enough, but they still support what they release extremely well.

I'm not talking about one single person, I am talking about multiple problems with finding reliable people from hosting, to tech support and design. I guess I need to find people who own a business as their livelihood?

So instead of narrowing it down to who you have had issues with, you have now cast a black eye over the entire group of people who code add-ons, theme, style, etc.. here. Certainly not helping anyone who is searching and runs across this thread. Likely just turn them away from anyone who attempts to do business here.

Adam honey, FYI Iwas deterred from using you from a person from this site, so don't tell me the "Vast" majority. It's like a friggen crapshoot here. You have always been nice to me and helpful but I was warned. WTH ever.

And whatever is going on with Mike Edge is bizarre and quite Frankly, I'm not playing these ridiculous games.
Oh really? :ROFLMAO:

I work for as little as pizza and accept payment only after someone is completely satisfied. Currently have no (zero) negative review on my services either.
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ve-to-do-with-pizza-amazon-and-add-ons.63010/

Haters are going to hate :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I'm talking about custom work and hosting Sheldon, NOT add-ons.

A lot of people who create add-ons, do custom work. Either way, you are definitely not helping anyone with how vague you are. You are grouping and punishing a very defined group of people this way.

It's unfortunate for them, really.

I'm talking about custom work and hosting Sheldon, NOT add-ons.
So to help others avoid these people who are not fulfilling their part of the deal with their custom work and hosting, why not name them - since you clearly have specific people in mind. If you don't have specific people in mind, due to experience with them - then how are you jumping to these assumptions?

I'm not talking about one single person, I am talking about multiple problems with finding reliable people from hosting, to tech support and design. I guess I need to find people who own a business as their livelihood? For instance, I never had a problem with URLJet, when I was using their hosting for other forum software. So I guess that is the type of service I'm going to have to look for for my xenforo forum even though it's expensive for my small, slow forum. :confused: Does something let URLjet exist here? It's seem a though the "vast majority" of people offering services on these sites are doing so not as a bigger business but as a way to make a little extra money on the side maybe? I dunno.
Companies like URLJet are looking for more customers even though they're "big." They want to host any kind of customer. Not just vBulletin. I've spoken to one of their staff members [at ForumCon 2012] and they're really nice people. They don't really try to sell their service to you in person, and even though that they're trying to "sell" a product to you here, they're really nice.

It's like this, when I was looking for hosting, Mike Edge came to me with his offer to host my site.
So instead of narrowing it down to who you have had issues with, you have now cast a black eye over the entire group of people who code add-ons, theme, style, etc.. here. Certainly not helping anyone who is searching and runs across this thread. Likely just turn them away from anyone who attempts to do business here.
I ...I think I agree here.

I don't know why people are talking about Mike Edge, either...And likewise, the claims are false. Mike Edge returns PM's within' an hour or something like that.

Maybe for you, but for me, this:

Since February 27th, I sent Mike 13 messages via conversation. Prior to that, between February 3rd and 27th, I had sent him 10 more messages, the only response was regarding moving and that he would contact me in a few days (from 2/27) and a follow-up message about a port address. On top of that, half a dozen e-mails with no reponse. After a month, I posted on his profile page linking to 2 threads about issues was having that I had been asking he about. He deleted that post off his profile page after he replied to Gabby's post in the link above - by this time I had already switched hosts and requested that he delete all my information from his servers (still no reply to verify this has been done)

I gave it a full month of non-response before deciding that I had better switch. Because if something really did go wrong and I couldn't get a hold of him for a month, then what would I do?

Both my job and my hobby/side business are service related. If I don't treat my customers right, I know what is going to happen. I have always gone by the philosophy that the customer is always right, even when they are wrong. I have had highly needy customers who ask for the world, and I go above for these people because these are the ones that are going to complain if you don't take care of them, and the ones that will praise you when you do (most of the time). As has been said, you can't make everyone happy. But you can try.

On the flipside, when Mike Edge set me up, he did write a few scripts and files for me to take care of a few things that were well over my head, for additional fee. For the issues I was asking questions about (to which he never responded) I probably would have paid additional fee as well. My new host took care of them within days of switching and provided an explanation of what was going on.

I can't say I've noticed it happening very often around here. For the most part, everyone who offers some kind of service comes through on what they're offering.

I have had nothing but a great experience so far with add-ons and xF installation and support, as well as customization of modules, etc. I have also tried to contribute back whenever I can because I know that from my level of knowledge and experience, that things can be quite confusing. vB was my first forum engine and I muddled my way through that on my own. xF is much more intuitive but still can be over the head of someone without much programming experience.

Well all I can say is that URJET was very good when I used them.

How about if I change this to "reliable" .

And now I have learned that I WILL not use any add-on, design, custom order, from anyone who doesn't do this as a full time business, or as a significant livelihood or who doesn't post these things on a regular basis.

And now I have learned that I WILL not use any add-on, design, custom order, from anyone who doesn't do this as a full time business, or as a significant livelihood or who doesn't post these things on a regular basis.
I think everyone would be very interested to learn who exactly it is that you believe has done you wrong?

It would be helpful and bring to light such individuals for the future (I after all would not want to recommend someone who maybe cheating others, as I do recommend people from time to time).

Changing the title isn't going to change the fact that you're making sweeping statements with absolutely nothing to back them up.

It would be helpful and bring to light such individuals for the future (I after all would not want to recommend someone who maybe cheating others, as I do recommend people from time to time).

Adam, if I recall correctly... and I know I do... you have done the exact same thing.

--make claims about being ripped off, but not stating by whom. That was what my very first post in here was about.

Adam, if I recall correctly... and I know I do... you have done the exact same thing.
I made a thread stating only that people should follow their gut instinct and listen to their better judgement.

(I would have happily named the individual had the payment method not been money order... ie... Had not enough to name the person)

Top Bottom