Rejections: Something All Forum Owners Love to See

LPH

Check it out- Rejection !

Xen Registration Logs.webp

some of them tools need pre-packaged into XF in next XF release, or worked into the core product lol

yeah, well i'd rather have ONE of the many of the various 10 to whatever number of anti-spam resources built into core product, rather than needing to install hundreds of anti-spam resources to do one job/function. /end sarcasm lol

if XF has alot of tight nit security covered in core product, building ultimate anti-spam should be cake work. kinda like saying... "we've built the first flying car! but in our offices/administrative building/ receptionists are still using amish buggies.

yeah, well i'd rather have ONE of the many of the various 10 to whatever number of anti-spam resources built into core product, rather than needing to install hundreds of anti-spam resources to do one job/function. /end sarcasm lol

if XF has alot of tight nit security covered in core product, building ultimate anti-spam should be cake work. kinda like saying... "we've built the first flying car! but in our offices/administrative building/ receptionists are still using amish buggies.

I think differently honestly. I see a multitude of data that could be used here to even fight spammers even more aggressively.

I think differently honestly. I see a multitude of data that could be used here to even fight spammers even more aggressively.

I agree with that too though lol. Like learning and knowing your enemy.. :)

I have:

CustomImgCaptcha - Customise your own images for CAPTCHA 1.1.6

[8wayRun.Com] XenUtiles (Tools) 1.1.6

In XenUtiles, I only have StopForumSpam, and then I tweaked it to NOT check against usernames. I won't join peoples forums with Stopforumspam / Utiles checking against usernames.. It won't allow me to register with my usual usernames, because the parts of my name are listed in their database, and that's not right. The username checks are too strict.. I have the StopForumSpam in the Utiles, only checking against email addresses and IP addresses.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenutiles-tools.26860/page-7#post-443198
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenutiles-tools.26860/page-7#post-443219

Think of that. 20 per page. 3310 pages. That's about 66,200 blocked registrations. Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

But that was since Aug. 19. That's only 690 per day. That's about par with my worst-hit forums.

I just deleted 11,750 that were created over the last 5.5 days in 7 forums. The worst two had 3,760 and 3,170.

Those registration logs are lot prettier than what ours forums look like when this pondscum gets in & starts posting.

I agree with that too though lol. Like learning and knowing your enemy.. :)

I have:

CustomImgCaptcha - Customise your own images for CAPTCHA 1.1.6

[8wayRun.Com] XenUtiles (Tools) 1.1.6

In XenUtiles, I only have StopForumSpam, and then I tweaked it to NOT check against usernames. I won't join peoples forums with Stopforumspam / Utiles checking against usernames.. It won't allow me to register with my usual usernames, because the parts of my name are listed in their database, and that's not right. The username checks are too strict.. I have the StopForumSpam in the Utiles, only checking against email addresses and IP addresses.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenutiles-tools.26860/page-7#post-443198
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenutiles-tools.26860/page-7#post-443219

With StopForumSpam most folks require 2 items matched. Their user name won't matter unless either the IP address or the email address also matches, in which case it's virtually certain that you're dealing with a reported spammer.

Are you using all three spam services? Do you have Q&A set?
Actually no - It seems I saw a warning somewhere regarding the use of StopForumSpam.com with xenforo - so I only use FSpamList and BotScout --- I did have Q&A set with rather unique questions. I'm now using CustomImgCaptcha though --- Can someone clarify? Is there still an issue with using StopForumSpam or no?

There is no problem with using StopForumSpam with XenForo.

There was one issue with one specific addon (XenUtiles) that conflicted with StopForumSpam's policies. That was quickly fixed. As long as you are using the current version of XenUtiles, you will have no trouble with StopForumSpam.

As far as I know, no other add-ons using StopForumSpam have had this issue.

Actually no - It seems I saw a warning somewhere regarding the use of StopForumSpam.com with xenforo - so I only use FSpamList and BotScout --- I did have Q&A set with rather unique questions. I'm now using CustomImgCaptcha though --- Can someone clarify? Is there still an issue with using StopForumSpam or no?

Top Bottom