Rejections: Something All Forum Owners Love to See

There is no problem with using StopForumSpam with XenForo.

There was one issue with one specific addon (XenUtiles) that conflicted with StopForumSpam's policies. That was quickly fixed. As long as you are using the current version of XenUtiles, you will have no trouble with StopForumSpam.

As far as I know, no other add-ons using StopForumSpam have had this issue.

There is an outstanding issue that was resolved with the XenUtiles version addon of 1.1.6. Any older version has issues.

With StopForumSpam most folks require 2 items matched. Their user name won't matter unless either the IP address or the email address also matches, in which case it's virtually certain that you're dealing with a reported spammer.

ok, but that plugin doesn't have options to check two things at once whilst not checking one out of three, just all three things at once. it checks all three things no matter what. hence why i edited the file to stop username checks.. i tried joining someone's forum before.. with user names "vVv" and "spencerp" and "Twisted". The three usual user names I've used for years... and was denied on all of three of those. because in their database... "vvv1234@blah.com" was listed or "vvvJohnSampson@blah.com" or.. "spencerpatrick@blah.com" was listed... or "TwistedSoulOnFire2oeoidfjodjs@blah.com" ... It's too strict. I wasn't denied because of my legit email addresses I used, nor was I denied cause of IP address.. it was because of the user names I normally used for years.. were listed in their database.​

Ah. Thanks so much guys for the clarification. I will update XenUtiles a little later and re-enable StopForumSpam = Woohoo! Have a great afternoon you guys!

J.

Top Bottom