• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RM 1.1 Reinstall resource manager but keep data

Sunka

Because bad uninstall code of another add-on, resource manager is ruined.
Solution is to reinstall resource manager after I uninstall that bad add-on.
Is it possible to keep data (uploaded) resources and connecting them with resource manager after reinstall. I have many resources uploaded and it will be 3 months job to upload them again.

Also another question, if I am going to reinstall resource manager, I first have to uninstall any another add-on connected with resource manager or is just enough to disable them in admin control panel?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Although it is possible to manually take a backup of the data and reimport it, you should be asking the developer of that add-on to resolve the issues you are having.

It is their responsibility to correct any problems caused by their add-on.

Sunka

@Brogan, after uninstall resource manager, do I have to manually delete uploaded resources (files) from server, or that will be deleted during uninstallation?
If I have to manually do that, where to find that files on server?
I have about 300 resources and it is about 5GB

Edit...
Another question too:
Also another question, if I am going to reinstall resource manager, I first have to uninstall any another add-on connected with resource manager or is just enough to disable them in admin control panel?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
If you uninstall the resource manager, the files will be cleaned up through the routine attachment clean up processes.

For any question regarding add-ons that may interact with the resource manager, you'll need to contact the add-on author.