Add-on Registry / Garage

-GR-

I would really like to have a registry mod, we are currently using a garage mod on our site that I heavily modified the templates to work as a registry database. I would be willing to donate some money towards getting something made.

The main features would be the ability to have:
Make <category>
Model <category>
Year
Serial Number
Purchase Price
Description text entry
Ability to upload photos to the entry

I guess even all of the fields could be anything anyone wanted them to be if it would be dynamic enough. This is one of the last features we would really need before migrating our main site over to XF.

I would really like to have a registry mod, we are currently using a garage mod on our site that I heavily modified the templates to work as a registry database. I would be willing to donate some money towards getting something made.

The main features would be the ability to have:
Make <category>
Model <category>
Year
Serial Number
Purchase Price
Description text entry
Ability to upload photos to the entry

I guess even all of the fields could be anything anyone wanted them to be if it would be dynamic enough. This is one of the last features we would really need before migrating our main site over to XF.
Check http://xenforo.com/community/threads/liquidpro-features-gather-for-review-system.14841/

I think this could be something for you;)

I started working on a vBGarage clone soon after the release of the first public beta and I got pretty far. You can already create a garage, add cars (with richtext and attachment support), list all garages/cars by a user.
I lost interest in it after a month of work but (and here comes the good news): This morning I started working on it again. After crawling through the code I have spotted some weak points so I am going to re-factor my code. It's far from done but I am confident to have a working version soon.

The biggest problem at the moment is the routing.
Cars and garages are separated from each other (in the url structure) and that's just ugly. I already found a good example of advanced routing in one of the existing Add-ons and I am going to adopt it for… let's call it xfGarage. :)

I started working on a vBGarage clone soon after the release of the first public beta and I got pretty far. You can already create a garage, add cars (with richtext and attachment support), list all garages/cars by a user.
I lost interest in it after a month of work but (and here comes the good news): This morning I started working on it again. After crawling through the code I have spotted some weak points so I am going to re-factor my code. It's far from done but I am confident to have a working version soon.

Cars and garages are separated from each other (in the url structure) and that's just ugly. I already found a good example of advanced routing in one of the existing Add-ons and I am going to adopt it for… let's call it xfGarage. :)

That is awesome news. Can't wait. :D

Excellent notice dmnkhhn! Keep us informed, please!

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I stopped the development of a XenForo garage because I made too many mistakes right at the beginning. I realized that those mistakes made adding new features and development in general really painful.

The good news is that I am still in need of a garage. My community is running vB and I can't switch to XenForo without this add-on. Therefore I decided (drum roll please ;)) to delete all old files and start new. This time I will think twice before writing a single line of code. ;)

I am currently using Bitbucket for all my coding and I might even I create a public repo for you guys. :)

The first three hours I had to figure out how to do it the "XenForo Way". :LOL:

At the moment I am focussed on the index page that lists all cars, the recent comments, statistics etc.
The next step is the single view of a garage with a list of all cars that belong to a specific user.

I would probably be wise to start working on the car model first so that I have actual data to test with but I am not yet decided if I am going for fixed car attributes or if I should make them configurable by the admin.

I could use this as well. Make the attributes configurable so that people needing item repositories for things other than cars (e.g. me) can use it.

What's the difference between BitBucket and GitHub?

Awesome, I am waiting too... How it going so far?

Thread bump. Any update on this, as we are in desperate need of a garage after loosing the one we had on phpBB3?

Top Bottom