XF 2.0 Registrations getting stuck at "Captcha"

Diana Cox

Two people (one AOL, one gmail) who are trying to register at my site (over 200 already successfully registered) have gotten stuck at the "I am not a robot" step - the process gets stuck and the circle of death just rolls and rolls. I don't see an answer here.

Unfortunately, that sounds like an issue on the ReCAPTCHA side and thus not something we have any involvement in. I can't say I've ever heard of anything like that before, though if it is a bug on their end, then presumably they would push a fix.

On the XenForo end, you could either register them manually or choose an alternate CAPTCHA implementation.

Registering manually is what I'm doing, since (so far) there are only a handful this has happened with, and since I am creating a residential community message board to replace a creaky old Yahoo group, the deluge of registrations will be on the front end, over a week or so. If it's on the ReCAPTCHA side, I hope they fix it soon - the old people are already grumpy about having to sign up with a new message board, and getting frustrated at registration is disincentivizing.

Top Bottom