Registration

Tis-food

Hi - is there a way to add to the registration process saying their date of birth will not be visible on the forum as some people have questioned this.

Thanks

As long as you have the default options correct in Admin CP > Options > User Registration then their date of birth and age won't show.

After that, the absolutely easiest way to make them aware is to edit this phrase in Admin CP > Appearance > Search Phrases: Title: your_date_of_birth_is_required

The text currently reads: "Your date of birth is required."

You could change it to: "Your date of birth is required but will not be visible to others."

Different ways to do it.
The elegant way is to get a coder to make you an addon.

The simplest way is to add the words you want to the registration form.
Quick hack:
In admincp go to Appearances/ Templates
Put register_form in the filter box at top - or just register then open register_form
In the template click at the top, then use CTRL+F to locate date_of_birth
In the code you will see the code I display here - you dont need to understand it, just check it looks the same so you're in the right place.

Code:
    <dl class="ctrlUnit OptOut">
        <dt>{xen:phrase date_of_birth}:<br /><i>Required</i></dt>
        <dd>
            <xen:include template="helper_birthday_input">
                <xen:map from="$fields" to="$user" />
            </xen:include>

CHANGE IT by adding

Rich (BB code):
<dl class="ctrlUnit OptOut">
        <dt>{xen:phrase date_of_birth}:<br /><i>Required</i></dt>
        <dd>Your date of birth will not be visible on the forum.<br /><br />

<xen:include template="helper_birthday_input">
                <xen:map from="$fields" to="$user" />
            </xen:include>

Copy and paste in the line in blue, exactly as you see here.
I always leave a blank line after a change so as to find it again easily if I want to edit it.

Optional. Add <xen:comment>TIS CHANGE HERE</xen:comment>
on the blank line right on the left. That'll be invisible xcept in admin.
You can then always find it by searching on TIS CHANGE - together with other changes you make which you label like this.

More elegant methods are: creating a new Phrase; or making an include. Neither are difficult.
I suggest that if you use this or similar XF help posts, you copy this post into a document and keep it with the rst of the notes you keep on your site.

Top Bottom