XF 1.4 Registration problem

Hi,

My users are trying to register on my forums (mineverse.com) and it is not letting them register because of this error;

I've tried to fix this before asking for help but I am out of ideas.

Outdated template:

@Brogan

Last edited:

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
There should be a server error log entry for it in the control panel. What does it say?

Tracy Perry

Uh, I'll send a picture of the first page of error logs as I have over 3500 pages of error logs lol.
You have some add-on from VFCODERS that appears to be having an issue. Disable it and see if it works then. If it does, then contact that add-on author and confirm it supports the version of XenForo you are on.

Also check file health to make sure all files are present and as should be.

Is this a shared hosting provider or a VPS/dedi? Have you recently moved over to it or uploaded an exported DB?

You have some add-on from VFCODERS that appears to be having an issue. Disable it and see if it works then. If it does, then contact that add-on author and confirm it supports the version of XenForo you are on.

Also check file health to make sure all files are present and as should be.

Is this a shared hosting provider or a VPS/dedi? Have you recently moved over to it or uploaded an exported DB?
Yea, Hide hack add on.

I disabled the add on and tried registering again and still the same error.

I did a check file health all files are present.
I'm hosting the forums on a dedicated server.
Recently updated the forums from 1.2.4 to 1.4.6

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Disable all add-ons.

If it still results in the same error, check the server error log.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Actually, if you get this error, please view the source of the page. A more specific error may be there. (I have a feeling this may be some sort of wait_timeout issue, probably indicating that something like mail sending is very slow.)

Actually, if you get this error, please view the source of the page. A more specific error may be there. (I have a feeling this may be some sort of wait_timeout issue, probably indicating that something like mail sending is very slow.)
Shall I view the registration source page or the main forums index?

Shall I also paste the source page here?

Edit:

I view the source page "
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."
result:
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
<!-- Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away -->

Tracy Perry

Paste the error (if there is one). It should be the page where you are getting the error.

EDIT:

Server issue:
Code:
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
<!-- Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away -->

Tracy Perry

Is this a dedi/VPS or shared hosting (I didn't see above which it was).

What does your my.cnf look like? Have you updated the OS lately?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
What is the link to the site?

I checked the sites in your customer area and they are loading fine.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
There was a question regarding your my.cnf file pending, which is relevant. It's very likely the wait_timeout setting there (and it would have been changed significantly from the default).

What is the link to the site?

I checked the sites in your customer area and they are loading fine.
Mineverse.com

There was a question regarding your my.cnf file pending, which is relevant. It's very likely the wait_timeout setting there (and it would have been changed significantly from the default).
Yes, me and Tracy talked over inbox and I tried everything.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
As above, you need to check the my.cnf file, specifically the wait_timeout setting.