Registration doesn't move user to secondary group

jfp77

I've been flying smooth with the XF forum for a couple months now and no issues until today. I decided to disable my other account upgrades and just create ONE account upgrade that is a lifetime membership for $10. I make sure to check the box "Paid Membership" which is the usergroup they are moved to after they pay for the upgrade. It has been working for the previous account upgrades, but for some reason, this one does not change from the standard default user group.

Any ideas why? Its driving me nuts though. I've had to manually change everyone who has signed up since and it is frustrating. The only other change I've made in the forum has been integration with FB, not sure if that has caused any bugs.

I am sure I am overlooking something, but I dont know why it would move them to this secondary group when I made sure to click this user group box in the setup of this account upgrade.

User upgrades always add secondary groups. Is it not doing that?

New registrations are always placed in the default Registered group (id 2). That is normal. Then upgrades add secondary groups.

Sorry, I meant that once registered, the user will pay for the account upgrade and that is where the problem happens. It's not adding a second user group and I'm not sure why...

Check the xf_user_upgrade_log table. Is there any record of the transaction? The record may contain a specific error message if there was a problem. If there is no record of the transaction then make sure the payment completed (in your paypal account). Also check these things:

1) Make sure your board URL is correct:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL

2) Note that the paypal callbacks don't work if your forum is behind a htaccess login.

Or it's possible Paypal simply failed to send the callback. That happens sometimes in which case you can manually upgrade the user in the Admin CP.

Check the xf_user_upgrade_log table. Is there any record of the transaction? The record may contain a specific error message if there was a problem. If there is no record of the transaction then make sure the payment completed (in your paypal account). Also check these things:

1) Make sure your board URL is correct:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL

2) Note that the paypal callbacks don't work if your forum is behind a htaccess login.

Or it's possible Paypal simply failed to send the callback. That happens sometimes in which case you can manually upgrade the user in the Admin CP.

Jake, I think you got it.

It's the paypal callbacks issue. I ALWAYS get emails from paypal saying I have IPN issues. I make sure that I use this link: http://domain/payment_callback.php (grabbed this from another forum post you posted in a long time ago). But I dont know why paypal keeps changing it, or having a problem with it. Will the IPN emails EVER stop? (I switched from a VB forum a few months back). It's so frustrating...

Top Bottom