Fixed  Registered Feed is deleted if Destination Forum is deleted

HannahP

Registered Feed is deleted if Destination Forum is deleted. Is that expected behavior?

I set up a feed in a public forum and an unruly mob of users threatened to murder me if I didn't turn it off. I was going to point it to a private forum, but the Registered Feed disappeared after I deleted the public forum that the feed was pointing to.

Not a big deal, but there it is.

I don't think it's actually deleted, but it doesn't show up (inner join to forum/node). TBH, it probably should actually be deleted.

It might be better to have a listener for the forum deletion event and then attempt to attach the feed to the closest parent?

TBH, it probably should actually be deleted.
Technically, yes, it probably should be, since the job errors out if the feed can't be posted to the Destination Forum (you see that error if you try to "import now" and the Posting User doesn't have permission to post in the Destination Forum - I suppose that's the join query failing).

From a user perspective though, the feed disappearing was unexpected.

Fixed. When feeds are fetched now, the 'active' flag is switched to off if the destination forum is not found. This requires editing the feed to restore functionality, and the feed will not be able to be saved until a new, valid destination forum is specified.

Top Bottom