Not planned Registered as primary should be compulsory

Mr Lucky

So many threads (many from vbulletin migrations) are about permissions and usergroups that have issues because people think they should work like vbulletin.

Isn't it about time a primary basic registered usergroup was made as a default and not changeable.

It is the only practical way the xenforo permissions work so why not make it so that is the only option?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There are potentially use cases to change the primary group, so I don't think we would remove the option.

There are potentially use cases to change the primary group, so I don't think we would remove the option.

I thought there might be. Can you give examples?

Do you not admit that the permission system as it is does rely on registered as primary?

So, to make it more user friendly, my suggestion could be to make registered a compulsory primary a very definite default. But people can opt out of in special cases, e.g. make that a box they have to tick or something.

I don't want to make it dumbed down or less flexible - just more intuitive.

Do you not admit that the permission system as it is does rely on registered as primary?

It doesn't rely on it, it's just the heavily recommended way.

There's nothing necessarily wrong, per se, with each group having their own primary user group and that being their only group, it's just more trouble than it's worth because when you want to change something, you'd need to change it and then remember to change it in the other user groups as well.

Top Bottom