1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Permissions for "Secondary User Groups" don't combine with those of "Primary User Groups" in addons

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by cclaerhout, Nov 21, 2012.

1. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

I'm not sure this behaviour has been reported before, so I open a new thread here. Whereas the default XenForo options don't have any problems to combine permissions between Secondary and Primary Usergroups, it seems there is a problem with addons.

Example: all my members even admin have a common primary usergroup who can't perform an action of an addon, but admins (secondary group) can do it. If I dump the $visitor variable the combination between permissions didn't work. The permissions for addons are only those set for Primary Usergroups.

See posts about the Taigachat:
    1-click
    2-click (last quote)
    3-click
    4-click

2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Im not having this issue. I just did a quick check with showcase (which you can do yourself). For the primary usergroup, I set everything to Not Set (No) and for the secondary, I set everything to Allow. Dumped the $visitor object and it had the correct permissions based on the secondary being set to allow ('true')

With user in the secondary usergroup...

Code:
    ["nfljsc"] => array(24) {
            ["viewShowcase"] => bool(true)
            ["viewAttachment"] => bool(true)
            ["viewComment"] => bool(true)
            ["editAnyComment"] => bool(true)
    SNIP....
          }
    When I removed the user from the secondary user group ....

Code:
    ["nfljsc"] => array(24) {
            ["viewShowcase"] => bool(false)
            ["viewAttachment"] => bool(false)
            ["viewComment"] => bool(false)
            ["editAnyComment"] => bool(false)
    SNIP....
          }

cclaerhout likes this.
  3. cclaerhout

I haven't installed yet your addon. I've looked the way Luke was doing and saw nothing wrong about it. When I will have time, I'm going to test & compare your both addons to see if it's coming from my board.

Thank you to have checked this :)

Bob likes this.
  4. cclaerhout

By the way, can I install your addon on my dev board for testing (the given url when purchasing is not the same) ?

Edit: Got my answer reading your license file ;) Thanks !

Bob likes this.
  5. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

of course :)

cclaerhout likes this.
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

cclaerhout likes this.
  7. cclaerhout

Hey you've been faster than me. I've just spend 1 hour to install all addons and see everything was working on my dev board. I went back to my active board... saw permissions... saw I selected never :confused:

Never select "Never" for the main default users group
    Sorry to have made waste time to Luke and Bobster :oops:

Bob likes this.