Permissions for "Secondary User Groups" don't combine with those of "Primary User Groups" in addons

cclaerhout

I'm not sure this behaviour has been reported before, so I open a new thread here. Whereas the default XenForo options don't have any problems to combine permissions between Secondary and Primary Usergroups, it seems there is a problem with addons.

Example: all my members even admin have a common primary usergroup who can't perform an action of an addon, but admins (secondary group) can do it. If I dump the $visitor variable the combination between permissions didn't work. The permissions for addons are only those set for Primary Usergroups.

See posts about the Taigachat:
1-click
2-click (last quote)
3-click
4-click

Im not having this issue. I just did a quick check with showcase (which you can do yourself). For the primary usergroup, I set everything to Not Set (No) and for the secondary, I set everything to Allow. Dumped the $visitor object and it had the correct permissions based on the secondary being set to allow ('true')

With user in the secondary usergroup...

Code:
["nfljsc"] => array(24) {
        ["viewShowcase"] => bool(true)
        ["viewAttachment"] => bool(true)
        ["viewComment"] => bool(true)
        ["editAnyComment"] => bool(true)
SNIP....
      }

When I removed the user from the secondary user group ....

Code:
        ["viewShowcase"] => bool(false)
        ["viewAttachment"] => bool(false)
        ["viewComment"] => bool(false)
        ["editAnyComment"] => bool(false)
SNIP....
      }

Im not having this issue. I just did a quick check with showcase (which you can do yourself). For the primary usergroup, I set everything to Not Set (No) and for the secondary, I set everything to Allow. Dumped the $visitor object and it had the correct permissions based on the secondary being set to allow ('true')

With user in the secondary usergroup...

Code:
        ["viewShowcase"] => bool(true)
        ["viewAttachment"] => bool(true)
        ["viewComment"] => bool(true)
        ["editAnyComment"] => bool(true)
SNIP....
      }

When I removed the user from the secondary user group ....

Code:
        ["viewShowcase"] => bool(false)
        ["viewAttachment"] => bool(false)
        ["viewComment"] => bool(false)
        ["editAnyComment"] => bool(false)
SNIP....
      }
I haven't installed yet your addon. I've looked the way Luke was doing and saw nothing wrong about it. When I will have time, I'm going to test & compare your both addons to see if it's coming from my board.

Thank you to have checked this :)

Reactions: Bob
Moved to troubleshooting until it can be confirmed.

I assume you aren't using Never permissions:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/understanding-permissions.360/
Hey you've been faster than me. I've just spend 1 hour to install all addons and see everything was working on my dev board. I went back to my active board... saw permissions... saw I selected never :confused:

Never select "Never" for the main default users group
Sorry to have made waste time to Luke and Bobster :oops:

Reactions: Bob
Top Bottom