XF 1.4 Register using Facebook/Twitter/Google?

ActorMike

The social media login buttons work on my site, but when you go direct to register on the /register page, I don't see any option for people to join using facebook/twitter/google sign in.

Is this only used to association with a prior registration? I know some web sites actually let you sign up/join using Facebook.

I would note that the same buttons work with registration and association.

Hey @Mike , when people go to http://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/register I don't see any buttons to sign up/in with Facebook/Twitter/Google. It's pretty significant to allow users to sign up for a web site using their facebook account, especially if you are running Facebook ads and dumping them into the /register page. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
The usual flow uses the "log in or sign up" dropdown which exposes both options (and the ability to register or log in via an external account). If you're pushing people directly to /register, you would need to modify the template to add the buttons there.

The usual flow uses the "log in or sign up" dropdown which exposes both options (and the ability to register or log in via an external account). If you're pushing people directly to /register, you would need to modify the template to add the buttons there.

Probably would be best to have the buttons everywhere you register as a standard function. Can anyone give me some direction on adding the buttons to the /register page? Thanks in advance.

Have a look at the helper_login_form template. It has the blocks for each of the social login buttons. You can bring those across (though some HTML modifications may be needed).

Have a look at the helper_login_form template. It has the blocks for each of the social login buttons. You can bring those across (though some HTML modifications may be needed).

@Mike Did you guys fix this oversight in 1.5.0 ? Obviously the social login buttons should be on the main registration landing page and it seems like it would be easy for you guys to do on your end. Thanks.

Top Bottom