Registering members using Facebook or Google?

Jon12345

I know some sites let you sign up using your Facebook or Google details. Does anyone here do that? Is it possible with Xenforo? I'm thinking it might improve the signup rate.

umm. xenforo support multiple platforms including facebook and google. you can configure them in /admin.php?connected-accounts/. users would still need to create a password and complete their profile iirc.

yahoo seems to have some issues (reported by another member also could be 2.2 specific) and linkedin is way too complicated. rest are quite simple to get working.

I just activated Google and my co-admin is looking at implementing FB (I am basically boycotting FB but she's active there). We don't see much value in any of the others for our members. Most of them have one of those two.

I have been seeing good response from the guest posting feature in 2.2. I don't think XenForo has a simple way to see how many new users are creating accounts through connected accounts. I think there are threads they have details on sql queries you can run...

Top Bottom