XF 2.1 Register page - remove popup.

So far, I have been able to customize almost everything the way I want, but this one is not as obvious.

I want to make the register page appear as a full page, not a popup.
I did find the template...

Edit template: register_form

But not sure how to make it appear as a normal page.
Any ideas would sure help.

If I right click and "open in a new tab", it does show up the way I want, so perhaps it is the actual
register" button I need to modify and not the template?

Thanks,
Brad

Go to the "PAGE_CONTAINER" template and find this:

HTML:
<xf:if is="$xf.options.registrationSetup.enabled">
    <a href="{{ link('register') }}" class="p-navgroup-link p-navgroup-link--textual p-navgroup-link--register"
        data-xf-click="overlay" data-follow-redirects="on">
        <span class="p-navgroup-linkText">{{ phrase('register') }}</span>
    </a>
</xf:if>

Replace it with this:

HTML:
<xf:if is="$xf.options.registrationSetup.enabled">
    <a href="{{ link('register') }}" class="p-navgroup-link p-navgroup-link--textual p-navgroup-link--register"
        data-follow-redirects="on">
        <span class="p-navgroup-linkText">{{ phrase('register') }}</span>
    </a>
</xf:if>

I knew it was against the terms to remove the copyright, and I would not want to, as I like my forum and its creators!
Modify it slightly though? If that's the case, then I guess I am just plain bad. I prefer the way it reads now.

- Forum Powered by Xenforo.

Brad

I knew it was against the terms to remove the copyright, and I would not want to, as I like my forum and its creators!
Modify slightly though? If that's the case, then I guess I am just plain bad. I prefer the way it read now.

Brad

Well it doesn't matter how you prefer it. You are violating the license terms, by changing it. And it's not even a slight change. You changed it from

"Forum software by XenForo™ © 2010-2019 XenForo Ltd." to

"© Copyright 2019 - AtomicZombie ® Website and Content by "Radical" Brad Graham - Forum Powered by Xenforo."

You even removed the link to XenForo. I'm just trying to help you. You can do what you want but, the developers can also do what they want, by revoking your license.

Last edited:
Odd, I went and hit "revert" on that template, and now there is no footer message at all!
I was trying to put the phrase back in with the link, just to be a good forum owner.
Now I need to dig for the problem.

Odd, I went and hit "revert" on that template, and now there is no footer message at all!
I was trying to put the phrase back in with the link, just to be a good forum owner.
Now I need to dig for the problem.
You can steal the code from the default style if that's not the one you edited. Alternatively you can create new style with no parent, that will populate you a new, default style.

Not sure what I did now!
Went into app_footer.less and did the revert.
I was sure that was where I added my own extra copyright.

I am trying to put the original XF message back, but will just add my own as a second line this time.

At this point, I have no footer message, not mine or the XF version.
Did I mention I am good at breaking things?

Will keep looking.
Brad

Top Bottom