Not a bug Register new account with banned email(s)

rhs

Hi,

i have a list of banned email domains, but guests can register with some domains from that list ...

upload_2016-6-28_13-56-24.webp

Look at instant-mail.de as example.

A simple *.ru in the banned list is ignored ...

I have just tested with the *@instant-mail.de example and it works fine for me:

upload_2016-6-28_13-22-8.webp

And it's the same with the *.ru example:

upload_2016-6-28_13-22-56.webp

How were the entries added to this list? Were they added using the interface in the Admin CP? Or did you use an add-on? Or did you insert them directly into the database?

That's the problem.

Banned email addresses are cached. Blindly inserting records doesn't rebuild that cache.

The cache is rebuilt when any email is added or removed using the Admin CP so if you trigger that, it should rebuild the cache for all of them and then work as expected.

The cache is rebuilt when any email is added or removed using the Admin CP so if you trigger that, it should rebuild the cache for all of them and then work as expected.
Perfect, you are the best! ;). I have deleted a item and now it works.

But, i have checked register with blocked emails after the mail list import few months ago. At that time it worked. Is there a problem with the cache? Maybe this is not updated regularly? I will take the point in my regular checks.

No, generally I would say that is working as I would expect it to

Looking at the code briefly, there may be a situation where if you previously had 0 banned emails, and then inserted some new ones directly, that the first time a banned email is checked for after that, it may have done an initial rebuild of the cache, but beyond that only deletes and inserts would trigger a rebuild under those circumstances.

From here on out I would just assume that you have to rebuild the cache manually if you ever insert any records manually.

Top Bottom