Register Email

Register Email 3.8

No permission to download
Installed and working fine on 1.5, thanks Andy. One request though, is it possible to have an option to email only if registration is confirmed please? I don't manually approve mine, so am getting some emails from registrations that never complete anyway. So I prefer only to be notified if they've successfully confirmed their email and have moved into the valid registered user group.

@AndyB Not sure why but this stopped working for me a while back. Any ideas on what I should to do troubleshoot? I've tried uninstalling, re-uploading, and reinstalling, but no luck.

Feature request: I require users to state their location on sign-up. It would be helpful to me to have stated location as well as the location determined by IP address lookup in the email. This would help me even more quickly identify most spammers, who will often state location as New York or California, but have a very different IP address name-resolution.

this plugin causes a conflict when used with snog's social groups plugin that makes users unable to register for the forums. server error:

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'socialgroups' doesn't have a default value - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account, 21 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home//public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home//public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home//public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /home//public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1638): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_user', Array)
#4 /home//public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1627): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home//public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1419): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home//public_html/community/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(416): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home//public_html/community/library/Andy/RegisterEmail/ControllerPublic/Register.php(7): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#8 /home//public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Andy_RegisterEmail_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#9 /home//public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home//public_html/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(52) "http://locationindie.com/community/register/register"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(17) {
    ["username"] => string(0) ""
    ["9d1c71de87f71d0bd6e4ccf2c97c3588"] => string(24) "mattistestingregistering"
    ["c4bdeeea0ffa1488e25ab95daa8dc0e2"] => string(28) "matthewnderrick+LI@gmail.com"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["da52e438d828b3c2239b866be5fc665c"] => string(0) ""
    ["dob_month"] => string(1) "1"
    ["dob_day"] => string(2) "01"
    ["dob_year"] => string(4) "1980"
    ["location"] => string(8) "wherever"
    ["706db28c8e702f7b7b6ce4ee8aea0141"] => array(1) {
      ["mjyz"] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) {
      [0] => string(4) "mjyz"
    }
    ["b059512776844861f9fc4b3f31eb9299"] => string(19) "America/Los_Angeles"
    ["recaptcha_challenge_field"] => string(206) "03AHJ_VuteKa1rLZYLIH4xPx6POJ5m6whedAyzjRvV_nT4C3AGbXiKRGC92XnIE7h-Cooi9FmmN8WU6oZBfNcDNi63yhUDUwyCDK75RoWCjFJZPwoj5ETCJavQ1tO3_utvmBg2VtdxMeWLP3Chd1xSIaz2V3Z7gSPf6y1-Vr9U2rLjOP2Rn7P1Tc66VgwjYtre2fioGN6vSlJp"
    ["recaptcha_response_field"] => string(4) "1020"
    ["agree"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["reg_key"] => string(32) "2636f0f7d4654a16d0edb35f266417ea"
  }
}

disabling snog's plugin does not resolve the situation. only when andy's register email plugin is disabled can a user register for the forums without generating an error.

Getting errors with every new registration since updating to 3.3:

ErrorException: Undefined index: requireLocation - library/Andy/RegisterEmail/ControllerPublic/Register.php:113

Hi @Andy Larkins
Thank you for your addon and work.
Another addon suggestion : on registration page, duplicate the Email field and make a control so that both entered email adresses are the same.
I saw that users sometimes get wrong while filling this info.
Regards

Hi Andy!

error xf 1.5.5 a :

Email From Username: FORUM
Email To: info@domain.xyz
Custom User Fields: admin
Language ID: 1

Undefined index: admin
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1151
  2. XenForo_Application::arrayFilterKeys() in Andy/RegisterEmail/ControllerPublic/Register.php at line 37
  3. Andy_RegisterEmail_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in E:/Ampps/www/domain.xyz/index.php at line 13

Last edited:
Hi Andy I have installed this and a user registered today but i got no notification what could be the issue i don't ask for admin approval when a new user signs up

Conrad

has the issue of this plugin causing people not to be able to register been fixed? i see a whole lot of complaints about this with no response from @AndyB

IIRC this addon sends the message about a registration that has occurred. It does not prevent any registration from happening, it doesn't work that way. I've never had an issue like that

IIRC this addon sends the message about a registration that has occurred. It does not prevent any registration from happening, it doesn't work that way. I've never had an issue like that

of course it 'doesn't work that way', i know what the plugin does... this is obviously a bug in the plugin. as you can see, i'm not the only one that's had the issue.

this is obviously a bug in the plugin. as you can see, i'm not the only one that's had the issue.
I'm totally confused by your response. You stated
has the issue of this plugin causing people not to be able to register been fixed?
and what I replied back is that it doesn't actually prevent registrations from happening, is that what it's doing for you?
I've had the server log errors but they are only related what the addon attempts to do after the registration is successful, which is generate the email. Something glitches and sometimes this is due to the way the options are set, if they are set wrong it doesn't understand and throws a server error and no email is sent but registration is still successful

As far as this
i see a whole lot of complaints about this with no response from @AndyB
AndyB handles almost all issues on PMs. @AndyB I told you bro that handling issues on the thread in public is better man, everyone thinks your addon is broken and you're doing nothing about it when I know that you are, you need to post in the thread when it's a simple resolution so that people can see how to fix the same problem!!

Top Bottom