• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Regarding the "View member lists" permission

imthebest

Hi,

As per the 1.4 HYS, the "View member lists" permission covers the following:

A very common suggestion, a new "View member lists" permission has been created to cover a number of places, including:
  • Online user lists
  • Notable members list
  • Full members list
  • Full recent activity list (see below)
I want to change the behavior of the permission so it will only grant permission to see the Notable members list, not the other 3 things mentioned.

What file should I look for in order to review and edit?

Thanks,
Super120

Last edited:

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
The full member list is only available if you have that option enabled (it's off by default).

To remove the others, you would either need an add-on, code edits or to remove links to them using template conditionals. The latter is likely the easiest way.

imthebest

Yep, the full member list doesn't bother me because it's off.

The problem is going to be the online user list and the full recent activity list. I can certainly edit templates to prevent access however if people guess the URL they will still have access. I don't know how to code an add-on but I'm able to perform small edits on the core files in order to achieve what I'm looking for and that's why I was asking what file should I look for.

Thanks.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You would need an add-on to do it properly.

I wouldn't recommend editing the core files, which is why I never provide instructions for doing so.