Referrals

I'd be willing to pay more if it showed total referrals and referral stats on a monthly basis (i.e. for competitions etc).

I would like to see it set so you can set criteria for what classify as a referral. For example. They would have to make X number of posts, be active for X amount of time and so on.

James

If you don't offer incentives for referrals it won't be used and as such, seen as a useless feature. But having people promote your forum for you is priceless.

Now you of course need to monitor the promotions as there will always be people spamming others about your offer. A good reward will do, but the better the reward the more people will try to game the system so maybe something not too good ;)
Or an invitation-only referral program to filter partners and only pick those who are serious enough to play by the rules.

Of course it all depends of your niche. Usually people like trophies, badges, VIP features, maybe access to some private areas and of course paid products as a bonus or even a share of the sale, if any.

Refferals for registration would be nice to with a possible limit that could be replenished by forum activity.

There is Facebook referrals, but this does not have special permissions attached to whom to grant registration permissions to explicitly target the Facebook account.

Top Bottom