Referrals

I've always thought the referral system data combined with an advertising system would be a great benifit for launching a forum. You want to launch a forum targeting users of X, you contact 10 retailers that sell X, in exchange for promoting your forum they are rewarded by control of the advertising that the referred members see or alternativly a proportionate amount of advertising seen by all users.

Was just searching around for information on a referral system to find out there isn't one. Thought I'd throw my hat in here (and bump...). I really like the idea of tying a referral system into trophies as well.

Would love to see this included into XenForo. It'd be nice to give users the incentive to tell people to register, while getting some acknowledgement for it.

This might be considered NecroPosting, but I am shocked that this forum has no referal system at all. We offer a paid product and it'd be amazing to let people who have referred someone who then became a paying member pay a lower monthly rate per referred user.

xf is pretty much feature locked at this time.
Only hope is to create an addon or as suggested above, add an additional custom field.

Link doesn't work. Just bumping this to see if anyone knows of any affiliate add ons. I've had a lot of members in the past ask me for this function so they could advertise the forum and be paid a percentage for each person they sent.

Sad to hear that ragteck has left the community.

A good referral system is something which I believe the XenForo platform greatly needs. I've built up lots of communities using the referral system. When you have thousands of people referring friends and associates, your forum can explode with new members, particularly if you run a referral competition or offer upgrades to those who promote the forum.

I'm surprised more developers haven't started working on this as this is something I suspect lots of members would pay $50+ for. I'm not a coder so perhaps a developer will be able to confirm whether this hasn't been developed as yet due to the way XenForo works?`

I'd be willing to pay more if it showed total referrals and referral stats on a monthly basis (i.e. for competitions etc).

Top Bottom