XF 1.1 reeimport only a few threads

snoopy5

Hi

I imported successfully 10 different vbforums into one xf forum. Reordered everything etc. The new forum is alive since a few weeks now.

Now I realized, that I need some threads of the old vb forums, which we thought we would never need anymore and which we deleted after import within XF.

I do not want to reimport only for those few threads all forums again and I do not want actually to import again any users with such an action.

Is there a way to go in sql to the vb forum tables and export only that specific subsforum of each vbulletin forum and then import in sql those threads of these 10 subforums into an empty xf subforum?

If yes how? and what is with the authors and images in those threads. Will the authors be recognized correctly in xf? how to get the missing images then over to xf?

Hi

I imported successfully 10 different vbforums into one xf forum. Reordered everything etc. The new forum is alive since a few weeks now.

Now I realized, that I need some threads of the old vb forums, which we thought we would never need anymore and which we deleted after import within XF.

I do not want to reimport only for those few threads all forums again and I do not want actually to import again any users with such an action.

Is there a way to go in sql to the vb forum tables and export only that specific subsforum of each vbulletin forum and then import in sql those threads of these 10 subforums into an empty xf subforum?

If yes how? and what is with the authors and images in those threads. Will the authors be recognized correctly in xf? how to get the missing images then over to xf?

I think it won't be clean and easy:
1) Use your dev board to convert again your vBulletin database.
2) Use php myadmin to select which posts (from' xf_post' table) you want to export
3) Import the posts back, the 'post_id' will be auto incremented but you will have to check and certainly manually modified the 'thread_id' field

If the authors didn't change between the former conversion, they will be recognized.
For the attached files... I'm not sure how you can reupload and reindex them.

There is no partial import. But if you were to prune the vB forum such that the only thing remaining in the vB database is the forum you want to import, then you should be able to run the import again on that pruned database. The users will have to be reimported as well, but they should be automatically merged by email address.

There is no partial import. But if you were to prune the vB forum such that the only thing remaining in the vB database is the forum you want to import, then you should be able to run the import again on that pruned database. The users will have to be reimported as well, but they should be automatically merged by email address.

Thank you both for the answers. I think I will try the alternative Jake proposed as soon as I have a little bit more time for it. But I need to fix first 2 more important issues about redirecting and bounced emails...

Top Bottom