• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Reduce animated banners file size

Andy.N

I have 3 banners from a client who despite our specific spec of having the banner under 30KB somehow sent use these huge banners.

They are 125x126, 728x90, 468x60 and each over 100KB.

I would request some help from the community here to work your magic on these files. I believe each have like over 100 layers :mad:

I can't believe such a small banner can generate such huge size. Ideally, without loss of animation and such, each banner can be less than 30KB.

Thank you in advance..

EDIT: According to Erik, it's not possible to reduce them to 30K so please consider my request filled and thanks for helping out, everyone.

Attachments

Not possible to reject the banners stating they do not meet your specification? I've done that a few times. It generally comes down to a graphic person not being given the instructions.

Dean,
We are dealing with institutions that will take weeks to push a paper so while we have specified things over and over at many points, not sure how they got down to it.

I took a brief look at them and they are already about as optimized as they can get. You're going to have a really hard time getting such long animations under 30K. Understand that it essentially needs to store the image for each frame of the animation, and that adds up quickly. Would you expect a 12 second long video clip to be under 30K?

I took a brief look at them and they are already about as optimized as they can get. You're going to have a really hard time getting such long animations under 30K. Understand that it essentially needs to store the image for each frame of the animation, and that adds up quickly. Would you expect a 12 second long movie clip to be under 30K?
Thanks for taking a look, Erik
You certainly know what you talking about. I guess I either have to ask them to redesign or take them as is.

Top Bottom