Reduce FontAwesome icon font file size

Reduce FontAwesome icon font file size

Chromaniac

i remember reading that TH has removed fontawesome completely in their recent updates. assuming that is correct, it probably wouldn't matter much!

Chromaniac

I wonder what happens if other add-ons rely on font awesome icons and assume that they would be available on xenforo out of the box 🤔

duderuud

To my knowledge most TH styles use different fonts (eg not Fontawesome).

Best way is to test it on a (local) dev copy of your website.

Chromaniac

I would wait for @duderuud to post updated guideline for XF2.2 😛 Meanwhile I hope that amp addon would help as Google seems to be treating amp pages as part of the website in their web vitals graph in search console.

duderuud

I am testing it on my beta server. Running into one issue though, waiting for @arn to get back to me.

I am currently running a custom Pixelexit theme with some add-on that use custom icons so I need to export a list with all icons used and the command that does that gives me errors.

To be continued...

briansol

arn switched to material icons with a theme change on 2.2 as well, so not sure he's supporting this anymore.

I'm running the full icon pak again. had too many holes from mods/etc in my cp and got annoyed with trying to maintain it.