Redis Cache By Xon

Redis Cache By Xon 2.17.2

No permission to download
My apologies, I was commenting that mine is the same. I have the same issue as you.
ehmmmmm, still not working..:(
I've tested redis by using these php files and these are working well,
<?php
//Connecting to Redis server on localhost
$redis = new Redis();
$redis->connect('127.0.0.1', 6379);
echo "Connection to server sucessfully";
//check whether server is running or not
echo "Server is running: ".$redis->ping();
?>

<?php
//Connecting to Redis server on localhost
$redis = new Redis();
$redis->connect('127.0.0.1', 6379);
echo "Connection to server sucessfully";
//store data in redis list
$redis->lpush("tutorial-list", "Redis");
$redis->lpush("tutorial-list", "Mongodb");
$redis->lpush("tutorial-list", "Mysql");

// Get the stored data and print it
$arList = $redis->lrange("tutorial-list", 0 ,5);
echo "Stored string in redis:: ";
print_r($arList);
?>

Centos 7 and Redis 6 and XF ... in short, they do seem to work well together.

I've never used Redis until today before but as we are migrating to Xenforo from vBulletin 3.x, it seemed like a good time to do so. I thought I'd mention that I got Redis 6 up and running today with XF (and this addon), on the same box as XF is running on, with no apparent issues so far. I'll know for sure when we go live this week, but in testing, it made an incredible difference on performance...

I have epel and remi repos loaded on my Centos 7 box. 'yum install redis' wanted to install redis 3.2.12 (6/13/2018) from epel, and its now 7/26/20!

Instead: 'yum --enablerepo=remi install redis' installed version 6.0.6, which as of today is the current latest version!

The thread and FAQ for this addon says that php-redis isn't required, but did seem to suggest it might still help performance (????). So I'm not sure if it makes any difference or not, but I installed it.

Didn't work:
'yum install php-redis'
'yum --enablerepo=remi install php-redis'
'yum --enablerepo=remi install php-pecl-redis'

These all failed miserably with dependency issues. However, what worked great is specifying redis5:
'yum --enablerepo=remi install php-pecl-redis5'.

That installed version 5.3.1 (also the latest version...nice). Note there is not a php-redis6 at this time, at least not supported by remi. However, php-redis5 seems to work fine for me. According to the changelog, it hsa worked since versoin 5.3.0 https://pecl.php.net/package-changelog.php?package=redis

I hope this helps someone...

BTW: I'm running php 7.3. I've tried php 7.4 but had issues with php-gd (unrelated to redis) and more.

[edit.. .fixed fat fingers edit... from "didn't seem to suggest it might still help performance" to "did"]

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
There is a reason I try not todo server support. it gets complicated quickly.

The thread and FAQ for this addon says that php-redis isn't required, but didn't seem to suggest it might still help performance (????). So I'm not sure if it makes any difference or not, but I installed it.
The native code should be more performant.

Ug... my fat fingers typed that re php-redit, that it 'didn't' seem to suggest it might still help performance. I meant did. I assumed the native code should be more performant... It just wasn't clear to me that the add-on would use the native code since it wasn't required. I'm reading from the above that it does.

Thank you for your excellent work on this and other add-ons, and for the quick response.

I know why admin.php?redis-info/ always showing Redis is disabled.

with a new xenforo and REDIS CACHE installed on the production server which my production site( which redis not working) running, all works.0

Maybe some addons are conflicting with redis. I will take time to do some tests.

o_ODisabled memcached, redis works.
but another issue has comes, my site default language is chinese,and with this addon enabled, it changes to english.
And i can not change the default lanauge to chinese, because after I changed to chinese, forum stats are all shows errors like x threads,x posts,x members, not numbers.

now I'm using Xenforo Offcial's redis cache setting:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['provider'] = 'Redis';
$config['cache']['config'] = [
'host' => '127.0.0.1'
];

Finanlly, it works very good!

Last edited:
Redis server is absolutely needed with this add-on. This add-on lets XF connect to it with more options than the stock redis connector has.

Both work fine for smaller forums

White page

[Mon Oct 26 08:50:33.002731 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 21325:tid 139714623244032] [client 95.216.157.238:6151] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ')' in /home/xxxxxx/domains/xxxxxx.be/public_html/src/config.php on line 23PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0PHP message: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ')' in /home/xxxxxx/domains/xxxxxx.be/public_html/src/config.php on line 23PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0'

#Redis by Xon
$config['cache']['provider'] = 'SV\RedisCache\Redis';
$config['cache']['config'] = array(
'host' => '127.0.0.1',
'port' => 7001,
'password' => 'X',
'compress_data' => 1

Last edited by a moderator:
White page

[Mon Oct 26 08:50:33.002731 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 21325:tid 139714623244032] [client 95.216.157.238:6151] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ')' in /home/xxxxxx/domains/xxxxxx.be/public_html/src/config.php on line 23PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0PHP message: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ')' in /home/xxxxxx/domains/xxxxxx.be/public_html/src/config.php on line 23PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0'

#Redis by Xon
$config['cache']['provider'] = 'SV\RedisCache\Redis';
$config['cache']['config'] = array(
'host' => '127.0.0.1',
'port' => 7001,
'password' => 'X',
'compress_data' => 1
Use

$config['cache']['config'] = [
'host' => '127.0.0.1'
'port' => 7001