Redis Cache By Xon

Redis Cache By Xon 2.17.2

No permission to download
I know its a little bit offtopic right now, but i have a little issue with phpredis. I've update it and the command line says v5.2.1 but in phpinfo() its still 3.0.0. Did you have any hints for what i should look?

Check phpinfo for the CLI version, and potentially restart php-fpm or apache. Aka it might be installed but not loaded

Anyone upgraded to Redis 6?

Not get because we are using Redis from EPEL repo Package that support Redis 3.2.12. Yesterday updated to 5.0.9 from 3.2.12 with Remi Repository but does not know Redis 6 version when available in Remi repo. What the breaking change log for v6?

Redis 6 doesn't have any breaking changes. Redis is actually awesome like that. (Unlike Elasticsearch which loves breaking changes).

The phpredis extension sometimes has breaking changes on major version updates, but hasn't affected this add-on for ages.

FAQ
Q: phpredis supports persistent connection, are these recommended?
A: I do not recommend using persistent connections, as they appear to be quite buggy.

@rdn
This 'persistent' => true, helps A LOT on one of the big boards I manage.

@Xon
Good to hear! It took a while for that feature to become reliable. I recommend reducing as much disk-io as you can as well.

So I take it the 'persistent' => true, is now safe to use?

Last edited:
@Xon

1. Possibly a dumb question but will this cache CSS too?

2. 'serializer' => 'igbinary', // to disable set to 'php' what does the "serializer" do and what are the advantages of igbinary over php?

Last edited:
FAQ

@rdn

@Xon

So I take it the 'persistent' => true, is now safe to use?
I do not personally use the feature, but it should be much more reliable than it used to be. Most forums aren't going to need it.

@Xon

1. Possibly a dumb question but will this cache CSS too?
Yes, it extends the CSS caching to actually store it as gzip'ed data and send that over-the-wire so you don't need to decompress/recompress like native css caching.

2. 'serializer' => 'igbinary', // to disable set to 'php' what does the "serializer" do and what are the advantages of igbinary over php?
Lower overhead mostly, in time and final output size.

After I tried this addon a few years ago I installed it today again. Works very well after I studied the replies on this thread ;-).

In the Admin-Panel I have now 5 Stats, but every widget with the same data. How can I solve it?

I usw the same instance (port) but different DBs.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-31 um 22.37.26.webp

@developr Redis doesn't do per-database statistics for most of what is shown. The only real solution is multiple redis instances, which handles fragmentation better and allows multiple CPUs to be used as redis is single threaded.

which handles fragmentation better and allows multiple CPUs to be used as redis is single threaded.

Maybe i misunderstand something but Redis 6.05:
# By default threading is disabled, we suggest enabling it only in machines
# that have at least 4 or more cores, leaving at least one spare core.
# Using more than 8 threads is unlikely to help much. We also recommend using
# threaded I/O only if you actually have performance problems, with Redis
# instances being able to use a quite big percentage of CPU time, otherwise
# there is no point in using this feature.

Last edited:
Redis is still single-threaded for core logic. The multi-threading support is only for network IO, and is still disabled by default.

admin.php?redis-info/ page shows:

Redis Information​

Redis is disabled.

my config.php
//Redis Start
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['provider'] = 'SV\RedisCache\Redis';
$config['cache']['config'] = [
'server' => '127.0.0.1',
'port' => 6379,
];
//Redis Ends
I'm using "redis-cli -h 127.0.0.1 -p 6379" in ssh and there's no error and working with 'info'command.
my version is : Redis 5.0.9 and php =7.3.19
I have had installed php-redis, and there shows redis version = 5.3.0 in phpinfo file, and shows 5.0.9 in redis log file.

Last edited:
Please ensure to add-on all files have been uploaded, and the add-on is enabled without errors. Check the add-on list and see if there is any errors on the add-on, and that php isn't being restricted by selinux or apparmor from talking to Redis.

Please ensure to add-on all files have been uploaded, and the add-on is enabled without errors. Check the add-on list and see if there is any errors on the add-on, and that php isn't being restricted by selinux or apparmor from talking to Redis.
I've checked, add-on works without error. and selinux = disabled, i'm using cento7 so apparmor is not a problem.
It's weird.

Top Bottom